Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Golovkin With Majority Decision in Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Casual fans cant score fights, clear here. Golovkin was slicker, hurt canelo in three rounds, and blocked almost all of canelos inside punches, Canelo was swinging at air for the entire fight
    GGG winced and ran every time Canelo connected to the body.

You guys said Canelo didn't deserve a draw or victory because he 'ran' the whole of the first fight despite landing more power shots than GGG.

Now GGG was the one being backed up and "running" for twelve rounds and you guys still think he got robbed?

SMH!

Comment

• We will discuss this over the next week and then turn our attention to Joshua vs Povetkin. Call Joshua over rated and a bum and do the same to Povetkin. Say Wilder will smoke both of them or lose to both of them. Gotta love us, BOXING FANS-LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I don’t think he has to hang em up if he still wants to fight. He’s still arguably the best middleweight in the world. Only issue I see with him going forward is motivation. Especially if his next fight isn’t Canelo. And I’m not sure moving up is something that really motivates him. Personally, I hope that’s his next move. Because what I don’t wanna see is Canelo getting a KO win or decisive points victory over him to solidify himself as the winner of the series. Based mostly on him being significantly younger than GGG. GGG might wanna leave well enough alone. These fights were close enough and enough people think he won both that it won’t stain his legacy too badly.
        Boxing is both mental and physical, if they aren't matching and they probably aren't for him right now..he should shut it down. I don't want to see him overstay his time like so many others. Considering he arguably beat one of the best fighters of this era depending who you ask at this age is enough to hang his hat on. One thing though I am curious how that cut holds up for Canelo going forth, that's one of those cuts that's always going to be succeptible to resurfacing in later fights.

Comment

• GGG jabs landed ALL night...pretty much at a 2-1 margin... with that ratio... effective jabs should be credited..it LANDED...he LANDED more punches..

If he's not credited for jabs...what the $#/& is the point?... jabs are an important part of the science.

Disappointed.
          Last edited by Strategic1; 09-16-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            LMFAO, but yea probably a good estimate of times Khan woulda been staring up at his spirit as it left his body.
            how did you score it bro?

Comment

• Honest opinion here. And I'll say it with respect now because Canelo earned the respect I feel. He came and did what he said he'd do and barely took a backward step. He said he'd go for the ko instead of running and he did that. He fought wonderful and made the fight a 9 out of 10 if I was grading it. Great fight. Drama, blood, battling in the center of the ring and high IQ craftsmanship in there. Both guys had good moments and the fight had drama all the way through. Neither guy should be ashamed for that performance whatsoever. But....there's always a but. The wrong man won a close fight. Lederman scored it 8-4 for GGG and that's what I scored it. Yes Canelo did better than I expected and I trust that he wasn't doping but you have to take a champions title and he simply didn't do it. With Hopkins' record at stake and that sh@t eating grin at the end and how surprised Canelo was when he actually won, tells me that they dug deep in those pockets to ensure the Canelo win. As others on here have pointed out, you just can't beat Canelo by decision in Vegas at a Golden Boy event. GGG got straight played in both fights and I think he knows it. Canelo just didn't win. Just doing better than expected shouldn't equate to a win in anything. Especially boxing. I feel terrible for GGG because I know this is because he was a) about to break Hopkins' mw defense record and b) he's an older fighter and is far less profitable long term for HBO and Golden Boy. What a shame. Boxing can be a cruel sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
                The hype train, the myth, the BS, the HBO pr spin, it ALL ended tonight, and it truly has been glorious.

Canelo is the PFP #1 fighter on the planet, he beat up, humiliated, and banished the Freddie Krueger of boxing.

GGG fought at one weight his entire career, padded his record fighting BS gatekeepers, and once he stepped up, he was beaten up, and broken down by a smaller man.

GGG is not an all time great, he ducked Ward, he ducked the tough fights, and chose to cherry pick, and even then, he got waxed!

GGG was a solid fighter, but an ATG???

LOL GTFOH!!!

ouch !

scathing !

life might be a little difficult around here for a while golovkin fans

Comment

• Its bittersweet because although I don't really have a issue with Canelo getting the close decision the fact that GGG was robbed in the 1st fight that he clearly won which would have forced the tie breaker to see who's truly the best but I think Oscar and Canelo might have diff plans GGG probably should consider just hanging em he made 15 million the 1st fight and probably another 35 million tonight so he's pretty much maximized his earnings and should be set

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

You guys said Canelo didn't deserve a draw or victory because he 'ran' the whole of the first fight despite landing more power shots than GGG.

Now GGG was the one being backed up and "running" for twelve rounds and you guys still think he got robbed?

SMH!
                    Please go rewatch both fights, there is a GLARING difference in how both men backed up between the two fights. Golovkin takes two steps back to reset or get his distance for his jab and it's running. Canelo takes six steps and it's not running. So which one is it? Neither man ran..they reset themselves for distance.
                    Last edited by turnedup; 09-16-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

SMH!

yea what ??

TonyGE, where you at kid..... ?

care to explain that question looooool

Comment

Working...
                      X