Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Loma effect turns elite fighters into cans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm by no means a Loma superfan, but it's still annoying to see people try and put down great boxers just to diminish some guy they don't like. In what universe are Russel, Linares and Rigondeaux not top-level fighters? Other than Loma there's nobody else at their respective weight classes that I would be confident of beating any one of them - if that doesn't count as "elite" then the term is essentially meaningless.

The only one whose "elite" status is questionable is Walters imo, despite what OP asserts I don't think he was ever really p4p material. His advantages were more down to being big for the weight and having a big punch, in terms of actual skills he was relatively crude. Despite his wins over Donaire and Darchinyan being impressive they were more down to size and weight advantages against opponents coming up in weight, when he fought against someone closer to his own size in Marriaga he wasn't anywhere near as impressive. Don't get me wrong, he was decent, but if there was talk of him being p4p it was probably contingent on him beating Loma, and we all know how that went.

Comment

Add linares to the list of cans. After he beats garcia, people will say who has mikey beat? lOL

Comment

The basics of this are correct. Lomachenko dookies on the opposition.

Comment

Only boxing fans are smart enough to have their own definition of words like "elite" to pick and choose who they praise and feel all special inside. Lol!

Comment

When Canelo beats Golovkin this fall, he will be P4P #1.

Comment

I think prime Juan Manuel marquez & Pacquiao at lightweight would of both handily beat lomachenko he's got a fairly easy ride through the lower divs this generation is a crock of ****e compared to previous ones. Even Floyd at lightweight and mosley would of killed loma

Comment

Working...
              X