Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Floyd do at this point (age 40) against Spence, Thurman and Crawford at WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Floyd do at this point (age 40) against Spence, Thurman and Crawford at WW?

Let's assume Crawford adjusts to the weight well and is who he was at 140. And Floyd fans I'm not trying to make this a negative thing. He would probably be the favorite against all 3. I think the McGregor fight was a bit of a facade. He can do more than that. I think Spence would give him the most trouble with his size, strength and ability to cut off the ring and pressure. Though Crawford's pure skills and ability can't be overlooked. I think he UDs Thurman.

With his wallet.

Comment

He would be at best 51-2 after fighting all three. He is too old, time to let him go.

Comment

He probably loses to all 3 because he's 41 years old and way way way passed his best days.

Comment

Not a fan but Floyd is definately a superstar of boxing. I think he'd lose but so what, he's Forty years old. In his prime he would beat everyone of those guys.

Comment

Too old. He'll lose to all three.

Comment

Spence could beat him on brute force and aggressiveness. Floyd’s still too technical to lose to Thurman and Crawford. He could hop out of a casket and beat those dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Spence could beat him on brute force and aggressiveness. Floyd’s still too technical to lose to Thurman and Crawford. He could hop out of a casket and beat those dudes.
                A couple years ago I’d agree but Crawford is ENORMOUS....
                He rehydrated from 140 to 160 his last fight... he’d probably come in a 147 fight weighing 165ish....long reach, fast, strong, good boxer, aggressive.... I’d take him over Floyd unless Floyd ran all night potshotting (which he probably would).

Thurman same thing, to big, to strong, to aggressive... they’d force Floyd to really fight. Again, if Floyd is willing to disgrace himself and literally refuse to engage, run, potshot yea he could maybe win a horrible decision, but if he actually fights i think the top guys at 147 are all to big, strong & aggressive for Floyd.

He’d beat guys like Porter & Garcia imo though. Not the A class of the division though.

Comment

Haha....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, put Floyd in the ring with Crawford. That is a PPV I would pay $100 for and one in which Floyd would get picked to pieces easily. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                    Let's assume Crawford adjusts to the weight well and is who he was at 140. And Floyd fans I'm not trying to make this a negative thing. He would probably be the favorite against all 3. I think the McGregor fight was a bit of a facade. He can do more than that. I think Spence would give him the most trouble with his size, strength and ability to cut off the ring and pressure. Though Crawford's pure skills and ability can't be overlooked. I think he UDs Thurman.
                    Floyd fought Andre Berto, and though he won 12-0, there were clear signs of slippage.

Floyd is still good enough to beat most welterweight fighters, but, no different than with Hopkins, he likely doesn't have enough to deal with the special welterweights.

Spence likely beats him, but I think old Floyd is still good enough to beat everyone else, even Crawford (we'll see how big a punch he has at welterweight).

Comment

Working...
                    X