Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Floyd do at this point (age 40) against Spence, Thurman and Crawford at WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At almost 41, i doubt he beats Spence or Crawford. I actually think he would have success v Spence though. If fully dedicated, in fighting shape and actually using his experience and skills, i could see him doing well v Spence. Spence is very good, but i think his style could allow a very slick experienced fighter to have some success still. I think a guy like Crawford would have too much athleticism at this point, he would be a nightmare for an older faded fighter.

Really wouldn't surprise me if he could beat Thurman. I thought Thurman looked quality when coming through and still think he's a good fighter but style wise, i could see even an older Floyd being able to nullify him. I rate Thurman, i just don't see anything in his style that an older Floyd couldn't adjust and deal with.

I think Floyd could still win wide UD's against the likes of Garcia though.

That said though, he is almost 41 so it would be no shame if he couldn't beat any right now. A mid 30's Floyd would beat them all.
    Last edited by TheBigLug; 01-20-2018, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I think he beats Thurman but would get hit a lot. I believe he would beat Crawford (probably). Crawford didn't look great against a slick Gamboa. Mayweather is a better boxer than Gamboa with a better IQ. I think he loses to Spence but wouldn't suprise me if he won. If he can still move he would have Spence chasing him and score with pot shots.

The only thing I question with an older Mayweather is whether he can still move. His reflexes has declined so he's missing and getting hit more often.

In his prime Mayweather beats all 3 by a wide margin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I don't think so.

Not at this stage of his career.
        Respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I just think that lowly of a guy who runs away from Danny Garcia and wins a split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          Respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I just think that lowly of a guy who runs away from Danny Garcia and wins a split decision.
          Yeah I won't disagree that stylistically it is a favourable match up for Floyd but I think he is that far past it at this point that he's going to struggle with the young prime guys at 147.

If you really think about it Floyd hasn't looked great for years.

His last good win was in 2015 against Pacquaio and even then he didn't look too sharp in that fight to me.

Honestly the last time he looked sharp IMO was Canelo and the last time he looked like a guy who wasn't aging and slipping at a rapid rate was Ortiz in 2011.

Comment

All beat him at this point. He is well past his best days

Comment

He'd beat Thurman, lose probably on points to Crawford, and get KO'd by Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Yeah I won't disagree that stylistically it is a favourable match up for Floyd but I think he is that far past it at this point that he's going to struggle with the young prime guys at 147.

If you really think about it Floyd hasn't looked great for years.

His last good win was in 2015 against Pacquaio and even then he didn't look too sharp in that fight to me.

Honestly the last time he looked sharp IMO was Canelo and the last time he looked like a guy who wasn't aging and slipping at a rapid rate was Ortiz in 2011.
                I agree with everything written. Still think Thurman is major hypejob and even this shadow Floyd beats Keith. TC/Spence are too much for him at this point though

Comment

Floyd would beat Thurman... Thurman would psyche himself out.. try and out think Floyd and lose.

Spence and Bud would beat Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                  X