Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: I'm Surprised Mikey Garcia Passed on Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame, I was really looking forward to this fight.

Comment

I couldn't careless if he is surprised. You got to be a bad businessman if you are suprised about a failed deal. Mikey Garcia is not a UBER cab driver.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Garcia had yall fooled that he actually wanted to fight Linares.

He had the other offer on the table all along and was just playing the press throwing names out there. It's all he's been doing since he came back. Cotto? Crawford? The guy is just attaching other names to his name. That's all he is doing.
        Ive been pointing that out for a long time im glad theres other ppl who can see the bs

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Mikey Garcia vs Javier Fortuna next?
          Are you ok with that fight? Not sure what your stand is but that's in no way better than a Linares fight.
          Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          That is exactly what I have been suspecting. This latest news basically confirms it with me. He is playing the press.
          Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
          Ive been pointing that out for a long time im glad theres other ppl who can see the bs
          Lol Robert Garcia was playing along too. He's been attaching Mikey's name to other fighters knowing damn well those fights would not happen.

Comment

we will prob never know if garcia took a bigger money fight. he could be puling a chavez jr and fighting for 2.5 mill instead of 7. smart businessman. trump style

Comment

We knew from the start the fight wasn't going to be made when GB was talking about a 50/50 split. Linares is not the draw that Mikey is. GB wasn't going to be asking for any options but were going to ask for a 50/50 split when Mikey would be the one bringing in the crowd in SoCal. Nobody showed up to see Linares last fight at the Forum. Mikey should fight Easter next and then force a purse bid if GB is still trying to do a 50/50 split. Funny how Oscar was quick to say that GGG didn't deserve a big split because he wasn't a big draw but wants 50/50 when Linares isn't the draw that Mikey is.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                I get your point about the $$$. But my counter would be what was Showtimes counter? Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't Linares been featured more on Showtime then say Easter.

So either Showtime wasn't interested in Linares vs Garcia (which I highly doubt) or Haymon/Showtime simply doesn't want to do business with Golden Boy which is my guess and that's a hurdle I am not sure they can get past.

But honestly I don't see this fight happening and it's a damn shame because in my opinion based on pure boxing skills these are 2 of the Top 10 in the world.
                The problem was the 50/50 split GB was offering. That's 50/50 split regardless of the money and the network. Do you really believe Linares deserves 50/50 against Mikey when nobody showed up to see Linares last fight at the Forum? Obviously GB is going to do whats best for them and try to keep more of the money than Linares deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Garcia had yall fooled that he actually wanted to fight Linares.

He had the other offer on the table all along and was just playing the press throwing names out there. It's all he's been doing since he came back. Cotto? Crawford? The guy is just attaching other names to his name. That's all he is doing.
                  huge fan of Garcia but this is the second time he's talked so much about Linares and decided to go another route. Early this year it was Garcia NOT Linares who formally submitted a request to delay the WBC ordering this fight. He asked for an extension so he could fight someone else. And now that the fight has been ordered by WBC he is deciding to pass on the fight and there is no multi fight contract needed no network imposed. Hell if he doesn't come to a deal the fight goes to a purse bid and his side can just outbid Golden Boy and control the entire promotion. There is no more excuses. The fight would of happened this fall already and would of been enforced by the WBC but Mikey told them not to do that. And the fight could of happened early next year but Mikey pulled out. Now I have no problem if he wanted to get more money to fight Broner and if he just wants to fight Easter but stop screaming that Linares is ducking you or that the fight won't happen because of Golden Boy wanting you to sign with them. FACT is he passed on this fight which is/would of been ordered by the WBC not once but now twice.

He could of also had the Cotto fight which he called for and then when they responded back to him he turned that fight down too.

Comment

I like Garcia a lot but it's getting tedious hearing him calling guys out and claim they are avoiding him only to be offered more than fair deals and then say no. I don't know. It's hard to put your finger on what the motives are because it doesn't make him look good.

Maybe he's just a yes man when it comes to Al Haymon and he's impulsive and calls for fights and then when it comes to pulling the trigger Uncle Al says "No. Fight this guy instead".

Moving forward any call out Mikey does should be taken with a grain of salt and not taken seriously at all. He's played this game 3 or 4 times now.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                      Flanagan has moved up to 140, maybe 147. His title is up for grabs.
                      Wasn't aware of that thanks for the Info!

Comment

Working...
                      X