No announcement yet.

How come floyd only finished 8th grade, i thought there's truancy law

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come floyd only finished 8th grade, i thought there's truancy law

I thought there's truancy law in the US, so how can someone not finish high school?

Explain mfer

I'm from the same area. No one gives a f#ck about the kids in most of these school systems.

Kids go missing all the time from schools. When I was in school there were a lot of migrate worker kids who'd come to Michigan every year during farming season & leave & comeback during similar times every year til they got older & I assume more productive working age & that was w/e to the school system who as far as I know never went searching for those kids either.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I'm from the same area. No one gives a f#ck about the kids in most of these school systems.

Kids go missing all the time from schools. When I was in school there were a lot of migrate worker kids who'd come to Michigan every year during farming season & leave & comeback during similar times every year til they got older & I assume more productive working age & that was w/e to the school system who as far as I know never went searching for those kids either.
      Exactly, no one really cares til they get busted doing something else then juvenile courts typically add the truancy on like they would an enhancement on an adult. Also cops typically turn these things over to child protective services so if no one reports it, its like a tree falling in an empty forest.

Comment

depends on the school location probably.. a pinoy former co-worker of mine went on a vacation in the philippines during christmas and his kids was absent for only 3 days straight and he got a warning letter from truancy police.. we both live in a good, suburb neighborhood with excellent public school..

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          depends on the school location probably.. a pinoy former co-worker of mine went on a vacation in the philippines during christmas and his kids was absent for only 3 days straight and he got a warning letter from truancy police.. we both live in a good, suburb neighborhood with excellent public school..
          that's because your kids are still enrolled in that school!

they really dont care if you finish 8th grade or not. once you're out of that school, their not gonna check up on you anymore.

Comment

I believe he dropped out in 10th grade. If you are 16, they aren't wasting their time to track you down.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
              My daughter Chloe goes to a top private school in Makati and she never misses a day. All her friends are rich and have drivers, etc.
              my Chloe lives in San Lorenzo village which isn't cheap.

Ever been there butler? Nice place. I like Forbes park, but that's way beyond my pay grade.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, he dropped out of school in 96, shortly after the Olympics. I highly doubt, he was in the eight grade at that time, more like a junior/senior in high school.

Comment

i think he did just fine

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, he dropped out of school in 96, shortly after the Olympics. I highly doubt, he was in the eight grade at that time, more like a junior/senior in high school.
                    I was in 8th grade with this guy, Chuck, that was 16.

They didn't let him drive to middle school, though

Comment

Working...
                    X