Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward the dirtiest fighter in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's seriously difficult to think of any historical fighters who got further being as dirty. When he goes a full round of "just boxing" everyone claps in amazement. We literally expect some kind of nut punching or elbows or headbutting at this point by default.

Unless you count out of the ring/mafia blackmail stuff in which case some historical fighters may have been "dirtier". But even then his latest promoter has clearly rigged a couple cards & he stalled his way out of a contract with a man dying of cancer to make it happen (a court sided with the dying man 3 times and told Ward to fight), after his own father died of cancer. Just seems like a swell guy.
    Last edited by ////; 03-10-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      When did you start watching boxing 1 year ago?And Ward not EVEN CLOSE to dirtest fighter of last year.SMDH.
      This was a troll thread. I was just riling up the Klansmen.

I respect Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
        This was a troll thread. I was just riling up the Klansmen.

I respect Andre Ward.
        lol ok your poll was funny

Comment

Luis lazarte makes Andre Ward look like a clean fighter

Comment

Nah. I heard Harry Greb was crazy dirty. Ward ain't got sh^t on Greb's dirty reputation.
            He was also a master at dirty fighting and had no qualms about employing all manner of dubious tactics, such as spinning his opponent and using the heel and laces of his gloves

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
              The dude literally won a fight on a nut shot
              Ward was dirty, but not like ATD or anything. Those weren't really nut shots man. Dude was bent and mostly on the line. You ever been hit low with a cup on?

Comment

Of this era, yes... so I'm overall saying yes, there isn't a dirtier fighter around who comes close, not even Bhop was as bad.

Comment

He was the one who got away with it most. It was awful watching his fights knowing that the ref would not do anything about it and he would get away with his dirty tactics.

Comment

I don't know, Mayweather and Golota were pretty dirty also.

Comment

Not dirty at all, gamesmanship mostly! Knowing when and where to adapt, also excellent at breaking down an opponent physically & mentally.
                      He has a very impressive undefeated mark including amateurs into the pros. He is not a great fighter or great boxer but he is the guy who dominated from 168 to 175. Which is Light Heavyweight (160 to 175) the super and junior classes is BS!

Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X