Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder asking for 50/50 and the fight in the US shows he doesn't want Joshua, agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i think he wants the fight but he overestimate himself
    windmill should only get 35% share

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      But he isn't around Haymon as much as he is around his trainers.. And Haymon can't teach Wilder not to be delusional.. I believe Wilder really thinks he deserves 50%.. He said AJ is unknown in the US but still thinks AJ vs Wilder does more PPV than Canelo vs GGG.. He must think he's some big star or something but AJ is more popular then him even in the US.. Well in terms of Google searches he is anyway. Look at the link below.. Out side of Alabama Wilder is completely unknown in the rest of the US.

https://trends.google.co.uk/trends/e...%2Fm%2F02rny4c
      I think Wilders just trying to create interest. He has a fight coming up that no one is particularly interested in. You know I am a fan of Wilder and I’ll tell you straight up 50/50 is crazy. A flat fee might even be a fair offer. As long as it’s double digit millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        I think Wilders just trying to create interest. He has a fight coming up that no one is particularly interested in. You know I am a fan of Wilder and I’ll tell you straight up 50/50 is crazy. A flat fee might even be a fair offer. As long as it’s double digit millions.
        He could make millions from 2 back to back career high paydays with Whyte then AJ.. If he fights beats Whyte he will make much more money against AJ because that would make AJ vs Wilder so much bigger. Hearn said AJ will be ringside and will call out the winner after.

Just imagine AJ getting in the ring after Wilder beats Whyte.. That would be huge news all over the world. I favour Wilder against Whyte too.

And it looks like he will be fighting Whyte next since his other trainer Jay Deas said they'll take the fight. I won't be surprised if Wilder calls out Whyte if Whyte looks horrible against Helenius.

Comment

When did he ask for 50/50? Have I missed something? That would be absolutely ridiculous. The fight also has to happen in the UK if he wants to earn anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            He could make millions from 2 back to back career high paydays with Whyte then AJ.. If he fights beats Whyte he will make much more money against AJ because that would make AJ vs Wilder so much bigger. Hearn said AJ will be ringside and will call out the winner after.

Just imagine AJ getting in the ring after Wilder beats Whyte.. That would be huge news all over the world. I favour Wilder against Whyte too.

And it looks like he will be fighting Whyte next since his other trainer Jay Deas said they'll take the fight. I won't be surprised if Wilder calls out Whyte if Whyte looks horrible against Helenius.
            I don’t see how a fight with Whyte makes a Joshua fight bigger. Joshua is a star and already has the English fans. So the English market is covered.

Comment

I don’t see how a fight with Whyte makes a Joshua fight bigger. Joshua is a star and already has the English fans. So the English market is covered.
              Whyte isn't a elite heavyweight but he grabs attention.. He is fan friendly style and a good trash talker. Wilder is yet to be in a big fight, he desperately needs some name recognition so people know who he is otherwise if AJ beats him people will discredit the win and say AJ beat a unknown guy who only fought bums.

Wilder vs AJ could be huge so why not promote it properly? Remember Whyte vs AJ was AJ's first PPV and it was the fight that catapulted him into stardom in the UK. The Gloves Are Off face off between AJ and Whyte is still the most viewed episode of Gloves Are Off that AJ has ever been on.. Whyte just knows how to create buzz.

Wilder and Whyte are trash talkers.. The lead up to that fight will be entertaining and will garner a lot of interest and it's a good fight too you know it is.. Chisora vs Whyte Press conference where he throws the table has over 5 million views on youtube and that fight was fight of the year. It's fights like this that make you more relavant.

If Wilder beats Whyte then that instantly makes Wilder a big name in the UK and even if AJ fights Wilder in the US, brits will now travel to the US because they know who Wilder is. I'd also travel for that fight.

Wilder fanboys think people like me and Hearn are wasting time because we don't want the fight.. But truth is we want the fight and want it to be as big as it possibly can.. Wilder vs AJ won't happen till summer or September so why not fight Whyte in the mean time to promote it?

There is a reason why Hearn in the best promoter.. He knows how to promote. It would be daft to make such a big fight without promoting it right.
              Last edited by NahMean; 10-22-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I still don’t get how some American posters don’t see this, no offence to you because you seem reasonable in your response but a Wilder/Whyte fight creates the perfect scenario for Skysports to make more money in a Joshua/Wilder PPV fight. Yes Joshua is already big here but for the network and promoters it’s about maximising that fight, right now that fight is just another fight over here.

Whyte brings the talking, the fact that he hates everything that Joshua represents and is close to a Joshua rematch, as of now a Joshua v Whyte rematch does bigger money here than a Joshua/Wilder. If Wilder isn’t fighting anyone worth mentioning after his next fight. Then the Whyte fight (Unless he fights Parker) is logically the next step to build that Joshua fight (Unless his fight with Joshua isn’t happening in the UK).

If Wilder sees his own path differently then fine, but if he wants that AJ fight now then market wise that fight only makes sense in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  If Canelo could make more money in Mexico don't you think he would?

Joshua-Wilder doesn't make half the money in the US that it would in the UK. Wilder isn't a draw. Joshua is 10x the draw Wilder is. Wilder should be grateful if he gets offered 20%.
                  No he wants to be a global star not a regional star like Joshua
                  Don’t get me wrong I like AJ I think he is the best HW hands down but he needs to cross over to be huge

Comment

B side Wilder deserves 25-30% AT MAX!

He doesn't generate money as Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      No he wants to be a global star not a regional star like Joshua
                      Don’t get me wrong I like AJ I think he is the best HW hands down but he needs to cross over to be huge

Joshua is more of global star than Wilder...

Wilder is unknown & doesn't generate money as AJ.

I am not British BTW!

Comment

Working...
                      X