Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went TV shopping the other day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kev is knowledgable. Im taking advice from Kev!

Comment

Toshiba 84L9300U 84-Inch 4k Ultra HD 240Hz 3D Smart LED HDTV
      $115,709.99 + $1,190.00 shipping

LG 98UB9800 98-Inch Class 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV with Web OS (2015 Model) $37,999.00 + $14.99 shipping Used - Like New

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        That's actually a good one. It also has TruMotion 240, that's the setting to give motion interpolation AKA the soap opera effect.
        My daughter threw a baseball and wrecked my 70” Sharp LC70UE that’s only 3 years old so im looking for a replacement.

I wanted to upgrade to a 75” but ones with 240 Trumotion are expensive and i dont want to spend over 2 grand on a tv.

So im downgrading to 65” with top specs.. size difference from 70” isnt too noticeable imo.

So LG 65SJ8000 for $1100 is legit?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          My daughter threw a baseball and wrecked my 70” Sharp LC70UE that’s only 3 years old so im looking for a replacement.

I wanted to upgrade to a 75” but ones with 240 Trumotion are expensive and i dont want to spend over 2 grand on a tv.

So im downgrading to 65” with top specs.. size difference from 70” isnt too noticeable imo.

So LG 65SJ8000 for $1100 is legit?
          Yeah, it's legit. It's a solid tv for the price. It certainly isn't the best, but if that's what you're going for, it's solid. It's part of the mid-range 4K tv's. You can't go wrong with it really. I give it 7 of 10.

My suggestion for you for pretty much almost the same price, is the Samsung MU8000 65 inch. This tv is better than the LG you're looking at. But yeah the LG sj8000 is solid. Samsung MU8000 65 inch is $1200 straight from Samsung.com. $100 more but it is actually better, the blacks are better, its HDR is better, it's motion blur is better. MU8000 is another mid-range 4K, I give it 8/10.

Comment

That's actually a good one. It also has TruMotion 240, that's the setting to give motion interpolation AKA the soap opera effect.
            I hate that shit, I cant enjoy a movie or anything in that mode.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              I hate that shit, I cant enjoy a movie or anything in that mode.
              You can remove it in settings, but I love it. I can no longer watch a movie or tv show without it.

Comment

You can remove it in settings, but I love it. I can no longer watch a movie or tv show without it.
                yeah I always remove it cant deal with that make it look weird as hell to me.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  yeah I always remove it cant deal with that make it look weird as hell to me.
                  Great for sports and action/fast moving scenes though. I hate the blur, it's so obvious to me at this point. Like I have this cheap 60hz 4k tv that I bought solely for my PS4 Pro and I tried watching netflix and other movies on it.

Almost vomited at the disgusting blur.

I calibrated it based on rtings.com suggestions, to make it look a little better, and it worked, it looked a little better. But still the blur is there and I can't use it to watch tv, the blur makes me mad. And it's actually a highly rated 60hz 4k tv. Once I watch 240hz, 60hz looks pathetic.

The Bourne Trilogy in 240hz, 75 inch, motion interpolation on. Omg....

Comment

Great for sports and action/fast moving scenes though. I hate the blur, it's so obvious to me at this point. Like I have this cheap 60hz 4k tv that I bought solely for my PS4 Pro and I tried watching netflix and other movies on it.

Almost vomited at the disgusting blur.

I calibrated it based on rtings.com suggestions, to make it look a little better, and it worked, it looked a little better. But still the blur is there and I can't use it to watch tv, the blur makes me mad. And it's actually a highly rated 60hz 4k tv. Once I watch 240hz, 60hz looks pathetic.

The Bourne Trilogy in 240hz, 75 inch, motion interpolation on. Omg....
                    I might have to revisit this. I initially got introduce to it when I bought my 75inch and I hated it I remeber watching the office and feeling like nausea or something and I turned it off and everything looked and felt better lol.

But been a while, I might have to check it out. I have computer monitors that are 144hz and I dont notice it really like I noticed it on that trumotion shit.

Comment

Yeah, it's legit. It's a solid tv for the price. It certainly isn't the best, but if that's what you're going for, it's solid. It's part of the mid-range 4K tv's. You can't go wrong with it really. I give it 7 of 10.

My suggestion for you for pretty much almost the same price, is the Samsung MU8000 65 inch. This tv is better than the LG you're looking at. But yeah the LG sj8000 is solid. Samsung MU8000 65 inch is $1200 straight from Samsung.com. $100 more but it is actually better, the blacks are better, its HDR is better, it's motion blur is better. MU8000 is another mid-range 4K, I give it 8/10.
                      Im looking into MU8000.
                      How would you rate the
                      LG 75SJ8570 ? $1600

Comment

Working...
                      X