No announcement yet.

Wilder v Fury Estimated to Have Done Over 300,000 Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He'd say showtime if they came from showtime.
    No he wouldn't say Showtime if his source told him not to use Showtime.

Showtime said the numbers will be available today. Copp (who has broken the most PBC related stories out of all boxing writers) got the numbers from Showtime

For real. Stop quoting me about this dumb ***** or imma put you on ignore. I'm not about to keep going back and forth with you because you want to be an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      No he wouldn't say Showtime if his source told him not to use Showtime.

Showtime said the numbers will be available today. Copp (who has broken the most PBC related stories out of all boxing writers) got the numbers from Showtime

For real. Stop quoting me about this dumb ***** or imma put you on ignore. I'm not about to keep going back and forth with you because you want to be an idiot
      So showtime says numbers could be available, the reveals them but asks not to be mentioned?

Comment

Good figure. Industry estimates before the fight said 300k would be considered a success, and over 350 great success.
        Pretty damn good for Wilder's virgin ppv, but I wonder if perceptions will help or hurt in the future.

Comment

Look like Wilder is getting a 30% offer for Joshua then.

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 12-04-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Rematch will do much more buys and it’ll be much more boring lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Look like Wilder is getting a 30% offer for Joshua then.

Why? 333K US buys would be equal to 1M UK buys. That's a number AJ has only surpassed twice, and that's before we even get to the BT Sport numbers. Plus the rematch will do even better. The winner of the rematch is getting 50/50 vs. Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Good figure. Industry estimates before the fight said 300k would be considered a success, and over 350 great success.
                Pretty damn good for Wilder's virgin ppv, but I wonder if perceptions will help or hurt in the future.
                If they pick & choose which fights to PPV & which to show on FOX or Showtime they should only go up.

And PPV #2 should either be Joshua or Fury II to help things climb. I lean towards Fury II being up next cuz I feel like Fury & Wilder freezing out Joshua for almost a year = Joshua pushing to get a fight vs the winner harder. And I think that'd make Hearn's hands tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Why? 333K US buys would be equal to 1M UK buys. That's a number AJ has only surpassed twice, and that's before we even get to the BT Sport numbers. Plus the rematch will do even better. The winner of the rematch is getting 50/50 vs. Joshua.
                  Forget this was on UK PPV too.

Anyone been speculating on early figures for the UK PPV? Imagine the time is a major problem for that getting sexy numbers doe, but I tend to bet they do better PPV numbers than other countries on sh^tty timelines cuz the UK fans are real boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Anyone been speculating on early figures for the UK PPV? Imagine the time is a major problem for that getting sexy numbers doe, but I tend to bet they do better PPV numbers than other countries on sh^tty timelines cuz the UK fans are real boxing fans.
                    And that's why Espinoza was saying if the fight is in the UK you're leaving $30 mil on the table because it wouldn't be a PPV here but it'll be a PPV there. But if the fight is here it'll be a PPV in both places

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Mayweather hatton did over 1 mil in the UK at that time as did may Mac and may pac, obviously it’s Mayweather but shows what can be done even at that time in the UK so it puts wilder and fury in a very good position, no matter what Hearn or anyone says, 300k + buys in the US is 300k+ more than Joshua has ever done here and fighting in the UK leaves all that money on the table.

Comment

Working...
                      X