No announcement yet.

The Animals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Animals

The Animals were a great British rock band of the 1960s.

No replies to this thread? A solid group, perhaps slightly harmed by the fact that they didn't write much of their own material, but solid nevertheless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        No replies to this thread? A solid group, perhaps slightly harmed by the fact that they didn't write much of their own material, but solid nevertheless.
        Agree! I happened to see Eric Burton when he was touring with a new group named WAR. Right around when this song came out.

Comment

Great cover.

Comment

When I used to think about it, I regarded The Animals as one of the "Big Four" UK groups of the 60s... and a lot of that is due to the fact that I don't know much about The Who, an omission in my music learning.

But really thinking on it... I like 'em, I like 'em a lot... but they're essentially a covers band. Compare them to The Kinks*, who wrote their own material and thus had a musical vision and something to SAY, and they're not in the same league.

* Unless you're MSGrain, natch.

Comment

Great band. I really like the Waylon Jennings version of House of the Rising sun.

I am embarrassed to admit this,but I enjoy a lot of country music

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                Great band. I really like the Waylon Jennings version of House of the Rising sun.

I am embarrassed to admit this,but I enjoy a lot of country music
                Nothing wrong with that lad

Comment

My first date back in 1964 or 65 was to an Animals concert at Fordham Uni versity in the Bronx.

Loved Alan Price....

Comment

Working...
                  X