Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are multi vitamins needed for training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are multi vitamins needed for training?

Been toying with this for a long time.

Is taking multivitamins essential, especially if someone is training hard 5 days a week?

Do multivitamins even work or are they a health industry con?

I’d like to think that they help the body but I do know all vitamins are not the same. You want the ones that are extracted from Whole Foods

Comment

I used to take them when i was in training years ago. Could swear i had a bit more energy when taking them but not every make had the same effect on me. In hindsight tho i think it was mostly in my head and they head more of a placebo effect on me. I have a **** diet tho so anything would probably give me a boost ha

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
        Been toying with this for a long time.

Is taking multivitamins essential, especially if someone is training hard 5 days a week?

Do multivitamins even work or are they a health industry con?
        If you are eating healthy and getting your macros and vitamins from food, you shouldn't need a multivitamin. Multivitamins are like any other supplement; they're supplements and not required if you already get your vitamins from food sources.

Comment

I usually taken them, but Im older and unsure if Im getting everything I should be.

Comment

You just piss them out and theirs been a few new studies that suggest they may cause more harm than good.

Just keep a balanced diet where you get sufficient micro and macro nutrients.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
              You just piss them out and theirs been a few new studies that suggest they may cause more harm than good.

Just keep a balanced diet where you get sufficient micro and macro nutrients.
              The above is correct. If you're eating plenty of everything, you don't need multivitamins. They would only be beneficial, for example, if for some reason you were unable to access certain food groups. Eat a bit of everything and you'll be alright.

Comment

Guys, I bit the bullet.

Past 10 days I been on multi vitamins for the first time. Expensive ones.

I workout 5 days a week religiously.

Yesterday and today I noticed more energy with cardio, and biceps a slightly more vascular, I am unsure if it’s linked to the vitamins. Will keep you updated!

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Guys, I bit the bullet.

Past 10 days I been on multi vitamins for the first time. Expensive ones.

I workout 5 days a week religiously.

Yesterday and today I noticed more energy with cardio, and biceps a slightly more vascular, I am unsure if it’s linked to the vitamins. Will keep you updated!
                  Think of that fluorescent urine as money leaving your bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
                    Think of that fluorescent urine as money leaving your bank account.
                    Issue is my diet was never balanced. It was healthy ie within calories, home cooked, but lacked fruit and veg.

May be the effects are placebo but will keep you all updated...

Comment

Working...
                    X