Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte vs. Kubrat Pulev - IBF Eliminator is Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i was Whyte I'd probably go the IBF route. While i think Pulev is still a tough fight, Ortiz is even tougher. A win against either get's you a title shot..both champions are tough fights, but the IBF gets you Joshua and a bigger payday.

That said, the Joshua/Wilder unification looks like it may have took a step closer, if so this becomes all academic as the IBF/WBC will be held by the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      It all depends on what Wilder does .

If he fights Breazeale , then Whyte will fight Ortiz.

If he fights Joshua ,then Whyte will fight Pulev bc Whyte will assume and expect Joshua to defeat Wilder .
      I see your point but if Wilder fights Joshua next it doesn't really matter who Whyte fights because Wilder or Joshua will own all the belts. The only difference is Joshua will give him a substantially larger purse. I know you assume, expect & want Joshua to win but I'm no so certain of it. I don't care who wins. I just want the fight to happen. Wilder is the biggest puncher in the division & he is a lot more athletic than a 41 year old Klitschko. It took me a long time to accept Wilder as a legit threat to the top dog in the division but he has made a believer out of me. He has the punch to take out any HW. He isn't some short come from behind KO artist like Tua in his prime. He is 6'7 with an 84" reach that has one punch KO power. That is what makes him so dangerous. Any clean punch can end it. The same can be said for Joshua doing that to Wilder. It's a great matchup & Whyte is in a no lose situation as long as he beats Pulev or Ortiz. I suspect he would be cheering for Joshua so he can cash a bigger paycheck...

Comment

Working...
      X