Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im buying may vs mac and i dont give a damm!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Accept my decision lol. 1)Who said I'm buying it. 2)It ain't THAT f#cking serious. Accept my decision? Thats like saying if I buy a ticket for Transformers 5 & I think it sucks I can't say it sucks somehow now despite just going for the potential entertainment value.

This ain't that f#cking serious guys. This is an event. Like millions of other events going on all over the planet right now where people are looking to be entertained. Its not a political stance ffs.

You guys are too f#cking funny sometimes with these strong opinions about whatever things no one should have such a strong opinion about. You don't wanna watch Pawn Stars? Don't watch it. Who gives a f#ck. Some people like that show. Fair play to them. This is no different. Who cares so much about what other people find entertaining or might find entertaining?
    Even if I dont care about what other people find entertaining, I have a few problems with this farce

1. The price. It's absurd for a mismatch of epic proportions like this one. Transformers is and has always been garbage but the ticket price ain't ****in 100 dollars, nobody is hyping it with lies either, as most people know what to expect from that ****ty franchise at this point. At this price, this match is the biggest scam in the history of sports and it leaves a bad precedent.

2. Floyd using this mismatch to reach 50-0. Marciano's venerable record being broken by this circus match just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and it shows Floyd's lack of respect for the sport of boxing as a whole

3. This circus act taking all the thunder from the most important fight of the year: Canelo-GGG. also, picking the same day of Cotto's comeback, because Floyd is a dick

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
      I meant it in more a caveat emptor sense. If I buy a POS car of CL and it breaks down on the freeway the next week, I don't really have the right to go whine to the world because I knew I was taking a chance.
      I don't know that a pos car is a good analogy for something of entertainment value.

This is like everyone being excited about Lady Gaga after her poker face song back in the day & you getting tickets for the event off of that initial hype. Maybe the concert will be sh^tty, maybe it'll be great. Maybe it'll just be okay. But the ultimately result has many factors of enjoyment for different people. So maybe this guy will hate it, this other guy loves it & some other guy thinks it was fine. So it could be the pos car that lasts for 5 years, lasts for as long as you expected it to last or die quickly as in your analogy. Entertainment value is in the eye of the beholder.

That's how I see it. It's not that serious, I just hate listening to adults crying about getting ripped off for $100 when literally millions of people were warning them that it could very well suck. Have fun, if its worth the $ gor for it. But don't cry about how "boxing is dead" now or any sort of nonsense because you got suckered. That's all I'm saying..
      Who cares if people buy it & then cry if it doesn't meet whatever expectations they have? Why can't you complain about something? And fair play to you complaining about them complaining, but again I ask why give a f#ck. This is a fight like so many others. Some of which people will be paying for. It'll entertain or it won't. People will be happy or the won't & it might all be based on the same outcome that some love & some hate.

Mainly doe I think cats are taking this wayyyyyyy too seriously. Its a fight, watch it or don't. Pay for it or don't. No one should give this many f#cks about people paying for a fight or watching a fight.

Comment

still no undercard details 5 weeks out.

Jack vs cleverly would have been cool. get the UK fans

Tank vs salido would have been cool. get the mexican fan

Frampton vs whoever just cause he is a credible Irish boxer. gives Ireland a little more firepower on the card.

we all know none of that **** will happen tho.

I'll probably spend $20 and go watch it at the movies like I did canelo vs chavez jr.
        Last edited by bluebeam; 07-24-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I hope all you f3cking casuals stay off the internet after the fight sucks instead of flooding it with your butthurt and privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            Even if I dont care about what other people find entertaining, I have a few problems with this farce

1. The price. It's absurd for a mismatch of epic proportions like this one. Transformers is and has always been garbage but the ticket price ain't ****in 100 dollars, nobody is hyping it with lies either, as most people know what to expect from that ****ty franchise at this point. At this price, this match is the biggest scam in the history of sports and it leaves a bad precedent.
            People always hype entertainment products. "Best rap group in the world", "most fun action movie ever", "fight of the century" are all titles that have been used time & time again & similar bold claims are made of equal or greater hype. Thats how things work in the entertainment world agree with that strategy or not.

2. Floyd using this mismatch to reach 50-0. Marciano's venerable record being broken by this circus match just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. and it shows Floyd's lack of respect for the sport of boxing as a whole
            Idk why people care about 50-0 in the first place so idek what to say to this. And when some random Thailand 105lber who's name none of us can pronounce beats this 49-0, 50-0 thing & retires at 72-0 I'll be so happy to be able to quit talking about that silly debate entirely.

3. This circus act taking all the thunder from the most important fight of the year: Canelo-GGG. also, picking the same day of Cotto's comeback, because Floyd is a dick
            In fairness this is on GBP for pushing back the biggest fight to make for too long. Or I'd even venture to push the blame on boxing in general which has a business model of trying to marinate things to as big as they can possibly be while giving us bs fight after bs fight for months or even years before giving the fans what they wanted. If GBP had attempted to change the boxing business model or just simply make the most of his wide open court he had upon Floyd retiring Canelo would be HUGE right now. Oscar dropped the ball there more than Floyd took advantage of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Millions of people were glued to their TV last night thinking Michael Phelps was actually going to race a shark. In reality. LMAO.

People are desperate for entertainment these days because life is generally boring as ***** for most people. I have no problem is people in a free country want to spend their $ on this. The kvetching is nauseating though lol..
              Exactly. You are right, it's nobody's business how another person wants to spend their money. Plus, this fight is bringing a lot of attention to boxing.
              Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-24-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Dam, you didn't even buy Mayweather-Pacquiao to support your boy?
                nope, as i've said before, i wouldn't buy any ppv as long as fraud jr is a participant.

why spend money that will definitely bores you to death? come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                  nope, as i've said before, i wouldn't buy any ppv as long as fraud jr is a participant.

why spend money that will definitely bores you to death? come on...
                  You said you had bills to pay, right? You can't afford it. That's why you are not buying it.

Comment

If I had the $$$ to spend I would just for the get together with friends and familia but Im a lower middle class guy so id have to give up mine and 1 of my boys gym membership for the month to just to pay for this fight.
                    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 07-24-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      You said you had bills to pay, right? You can't afford it. That's why you are not buying it.
                      awwwwww, did i hit a nerve big dung?

seriously, i'd rather give my money to a homeless braduh than pay for something that will put me to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X