Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who did you have winning each Pacquiao-Marquez fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did you have winning each Pacquiao-Marquez fight?

Before being labelled a Pact*rd (apparently the censor that) in the first 2 fights I was a fan of both and watched it more neutrally. Fights 3 and 4 I wanted Marquez to win bc I wanted his fans to shut up.

Fight 1- I thought that Marquez clearly kicked ass in this one and won the most rounds but the KD's were a big obsticle to overcome. Ultimately I thought the 3 KD's were just too much to overcome and thought with them Pac had won enough rounds to get the decision. Still had it close though, not terribly upset with the draw.

Fight 2- I thought this was fought on the most even terms of all 4. It really could go either way by 1 or 2 points, not really any more than that. This was as close as it gets. I think the decision was fair in this. I remember scoring it 6-6 and Pac getting the win with the 1 point for the KD.

Fight 3- I think this one get it's "robbery" reputation bc it wasn't supposed to be close. Going in, Manny looked like an unstoppable machine and Marquez never fought at the weight. I'll admit I wanted Manny to lose this one more than any other one (the hype for him was ridiculous at this point), and still I saw this one as the most clear victory for him. I had it dead even until around the 8th round or so when Marquez just seemed to take his foot off the gas and as much as I wanted him to step it up in the championship rounds I just don't see how he deserved a decision that night.

Fight 4- Not much to debate.

I personally had it 3-1 Pacquiao. I hate hearing how Marquez style wasn't respected. These fights were closely contested and the scorecards reflected that imo.

3-1 Pacquiao. Juan took his foot off the gas like you said late in the 3rd fight, Nacho telling him he won the fight and advised him to take the 12th round off was a huge mistake.

Comment

warquez only lost one fight. Anyone who says otherwise DKSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        3-1 Pacquiao. Juan took his foot off the gas like you said late in the 3rd fight, Nacho telling him he won the fight and advised him to take the 12th round off was a huge mistake.
        i agree. He did what DLH did against Trinidad! I got one even 2 for Manny 1 for JMM.

Comment

these fights are all classic to me. but i have it 3-1 manny in all close fights. like everyone else said if jmm hadn't slowed down towards the end he would have won the 3rd fight

Comment

I say 2-2 but the KO was the nail on the coffin for the best series in boxing history

Comment

The fans........

Comment

If I remember correctly:

1. Pac
                2. Pac
                3. Marquez
                4. Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  The fans........
                  I agree, well played

Comment

pac has never beaten marquez he was gifted those decisions..marquez eneded the cowards run by burying the myth of manny pacman in that 4th fight..marquez was robbed at 126, 130, 147, but he made sure to finally end the rivaly in the right way..

Comment

Working...
                    X