No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilfredo Benitez is Fine, Recovering From Mild Stroke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    Hearns, Leonard and Duran are not going to be good for anyone's health. Adding to what I said I don't think becoming a pro at such a young age did him a world of good either, his body was taking damage in the stages of his development.
    I never quite understood why a fighter with such a reputation as a defensive genius should've suffered such a terrible physical collapse. Your explanation is reasonable.

It’s sad to see what’s become of “El Radar”. I wish Wilfredo a speedy recovery.

Comment

best of luck champ

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I never quite understood why a fighter with such a reputation as a defensive genius should've suffered such a terrible physical collapse. Your explanation is reasonable.

It’s sad to see what’s become of “El Radar”. I wish Wilfredo a speedy recovery.
        Most of the damage is taken in the gym. Fights with a history of having wars in the gym are usually the ones that end up slurring. Lots of fighter from the Kronk for example, Tommy Hearns, Terry Norris was famous for gym wars, can barely talk now, same with Meldrick Taylor, Philadelphia.

I am sure Benitez took lots of punishment in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Most of the damage is taken in the gym. Fights with a history of having wars in the gym are usually the ones that end up slurring. Lots of fighter from the Kronk for example, Tommy Hearns, Terry Norris was famous for gym wars, can barely talk now, same with Meldrick Taylor, Philadelphia.

I am sure Benitez took lots of punishment in the gym.
          Good point. That could've contributed to Wilfredo's current condition. But still, he was past his best at a very young age.

Comment

I saw Benitez@ an event 2 yrs ago in PR honoring him, & he was virtually non communicative...this afflication has, over the years, not recently, has debilitated him tremendously...he never was a drug user 2 my knowledge but the father pushed & pressured him, and his brothers, something awful...hopefully he has peace in his remaining time...what a boxer, beyond great, I remember how he outclassed Duran with his skill..get well champ..

Comment

Originally posted by Sttag View Post
              I always thought he was an addict..? is there any truth to this? Sorry if anyone take offense, not my intention.
              na men thats not true what happen to him was the punches he took do affect the head so that is why he was depleted by age 25.... great champ hope he gets better...

look at what he said to ray leonard when he visited him bach in 2002 got it from the biography

In 2002, Sugar Ray Leonard visited Benítez, who by this time had forgotten his identity.[3] During the visit, their fight was shown on television. Consequently, Benítez remembered the event and said to Leonard, "Ray, I did not train for that fight
              Last edited by ajgyagajg1; 12-30-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Man, this has been a rough 2012 for boxing. GOD bless the man!

Comment

Working...
                X