Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Vitaly get credit for losing to a shot Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    First off let me start by saying Vitaly is a very good fighter, a h2h test for any heavyweight in history. But the fact is he was sucking wind against a fat, tired and unmotivated Lewis who had been knocked cold just two years before, and while he was ahead before the stoppage Lewis was closing the gap and rocking him. So other than his heart, which should be acknowledged.
    The portion of your post that I quoted pretty much sums up my opinion in this matter. I really like Vitali (for that matter his brother as well) and love to see him fight. I think he is the better of the 2 brothers and a fine example of what a heavyweight champ ought to be. Hell, he's even a great role model for the youngsters, but Lewis beat him fair and square and that was a Lewis who had obviously underestimated his foe. A rematch with a prepared Lewis would have likely been a lopsided affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
      He was not very popular in the US when he was still active.

He's become more popular now because Klitschko haters like the TS love to dwell on the result of his fight with Vitali.
      He wasn't all that popular in Britain for a long while. Frank Bruno retiring opened up the door for him recieving increasing support. His popularity rose when people realised he could dominate the division and Britain would have an undisputed heavyweight champion for the first time since Fitzsimmons.

Comment

Originally posted by Soviet View Post
        Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice then grew a vagina on his face.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of growing a vagina on his face.

vaginas grown on face

Vitali 1
        Lewis 0

Lewis was exhausted from turning Vitali's face into a sex organ.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight because, hey, everyone loves puzzy on their faces.

Lewis promised Vitali another facial vagina.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson because he was embaressed by having a vagina on his face.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars because he knew Vitali would retire on his stool like a coward like he did with Byrd.

Vitali dominated with vagisil and scared his face vagina into retirement.

Lewis is scared to death of getting a yeast infection from Vitali's face vagina.
        Glad to see you telling like it is :allhail9:

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
          Much is said on boxing forums about "shot" boxers, but there are also some arguments that are "shot" as well, meaning that no matter what side you're on, there is nothing left to say about the topic that hasn't been said a million times already on every boxing forum in cyberspace.

Lewis-Vitali is one of those "shot" topics/arguments.

Shame on the TS for trying to revive it yet again for no real reason at all, other than to encourage people to take shots at Vitali Klitschko.

No, it's shame on the people who give WAY to much credit for a huffing and puffing Vitaly losing to a huffing and puffing Lewis.

Comment

''shot'' Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
              Jab you wan't a no flaming civil conversation in this thread. I'm not gonna be a dick, but you simply Hate Vitaly, there is no other option.

You're wrong my friend, I don't hate Vitaly at all. But I am admittedly critical of his career and the way he is overrated by many on this forum.

First of all, why would you even create this thread? do I need to answer this?
              Or posters like klit2011 and other nuthugs really get on your nerves when they cry about Vitaly?

Ignorance gets on my nerves. I created this thread to counter another about Ali beating a "shot" Frazier. Difference is my thread is fact based and not just looking to incite. If it were I wouldn't have taken the time to put the trolls on ignore and I would be responding to the idiocy of Soviet and Lucky Jim who are both also on ignore as well now.

Second...seriously if you start this, why say Lewis is Tired..Tired?? ok. out of shape? he could of train and 37? so what Vitaly still fights now and he is close to be 40.
              We both know fighters age differently. Lewis had reached the pinnacle and beaten the best fighters of his era and guys who will be remembered as all time greats. Because the two brothers will not fight Vitaly will never face the best fighter of this eraso he STILL has something to prove. And the division is at a point where it not very impressive that a 40 year old can dominate, especially given his physical advantages, skill and toughness. Lets remember, a 46 year old shot to bits Holyfield was robbed of a decision over a title holder in this era. I think that says a lot.
              Now by the fifth round Lewis was as tired as Vitaly, his faced just wasn't ****ed up. Saying that he was cathing up on points is silly. He promised the rematch and wheres Lewis now? giving tips to every Vitali opponent how to beat him.
              Lewis was as tired as Vitaly, but it's a fact that he was closing the gap in points and hitting him almost at will the last round of the fight.

So he promised a rematch, big deal. Fighters say all kinds of things after hard fights. After reviewing the tape and having time to evaluate his career a man is entitled to change his mind. NOW, if he had come back from that retirement and didn't face Vitaly I'd be singing a whole different tune.

I like you as a poster, but behind all these words you Do hate Vitali. hate on Wlad, I don't care. but I can tell you do have something against a real man. who didn't quit and wanted to continue, even though he probably would lose.

I like you as a poster to and you're welcome to your opinion, but you're wrong. What I hate is the overrating of any fighter to suit an agenda.

Fact that Vit was winning on points and didn't want the fight being stopped. posters like Larry cry that he lost by KO/TKo plain and simple. on papers yes..in reality - doctor.
              I'd say the facts are that cuts are part of boxing and the fight was legitimately stopped. Who was winning at the time of stoppage is irrelevant. But Vitaly didn't want the fight stopped and was a warrior...and that is the reason he gets so much credit for this loss and the exhaustion of both fighters is overlooked.

Comment

Working...
              X