Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This talk about weight classes and catchweights are nonsense!. Here's why.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtClimber View Post
    All fighters weight drained themeselves except heavyweights.
    So that makes it ok because everyone does it? Its unregulated cheating if you ask me. What's the point of fighting at WW if you're opponent can come into the fight as a MW?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      I consider the weight they actually fight at is the actual weightclass. Not the weight a fighter starves and dehydrates himself to make.
      U are about as wrong as all the casual fans who blame Mosley for saturday's fight.Which is right about 100% wrong.U can consider the weight they fight at all u want as the weight class.But a catchweight is a catchweight.If it wasn't,there wouldn't be any reason to even name it.But if a fighter accepts a catchweight,then it is on his shoulders his fate lays.

There is no need for u to try & defend Pacman's catchweight fight against Margarito.The cheater agreed to those terms so it isn't Pacman's fault he may not have been in the best shape.It is team Pacman's & Arum's fault that that fight was made to begin with though.Margarito did not deserve that fight,just like Mosley didn't deserve saturday's fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        U are about as wrong as all the casual fans who blame Mosley for saturday's fight.Which is right about 100% wrong.U can consider the weight they fight at all u want as the weight class.But a catchweight is a catchweight.If it wasn't,there wouldn't be any reason to even name it.But if a fighter accepts a catchweight,then it is on his shoulders his fate lays.

There is no need for u to try & defend Pacman's catchweight fight against Margarito.The cheater agreed to those terms so it isn't Pacman's fault he may not have been in the best shape.It is team Pacman's & Arum's fault that that fight was made to begin with though.Margarito did not deserve that fight,just like Mosley didn't deserve saturday's fight.
        Was it also ok when Clottey came into the ring weighing 170lbs for a WW fight against Corrales?

Comment

Was it also ok when Clottey came into the ring weighing 170lbs for a WW fight against Corrales?
          He made weight didn't he??

Comment

He made weight didn't he??
            Yes and almost broke Coralles's neck with a shot. My question is, just because the commisions allow it, does it make it right? To me it makes no sense to fight at a weightclass if when fight time comes, you're 1 or 2 divisions above that weight class. This is why same day weigh in needs to be put back into effect.

Comment

Yes and almost broke Coralles's neck with a shot. My question is, just because the commisions allow it, does it make it right? To me it makes no sense to fight at a weightclass if when fight time comes, you're 1 or 2 divisions above that weight class. This is why same day weigh in needs to be put back into effect.
              Commissions allow a lot of things,for example:Margarito should not have been allowed to box ever again,but he did & against the cashcow & got a lucrative payday for the beating he took.But same day weight-ins are less healthy than the day-before which is why it was put into play.For the health of fighters.

Comment

Commissions allow a lot of things,for example:Margarito should not have been allowed to box ever again,but he did & against the cashcow & got a lucrative payday for the beating he took.But same day weight-ins are less healthy than the day-before which is why it was put into play.For the health of fighters.
                Day before weigh-ins only give fighters the chance to cheat the scales and compete at weight classes they shouldnt be at just to gain a weight advantage. IGo back to same day weigh-in's If a fighter wants to risk brain damage by dehyrating and starving himself then oh well. They know the risks.

Comment

So that makes it ok because everyone does it? Its unregulated cheating if you ask me. What's the point of fighting at WW if you're opponent can come into the fight as a MW?
                  All I am saying is that this "weight drained" issue is a nonsense because most of them do it to themselves.

Comment

Day before weigh-ins only give fighters the chance to cheat the scales and compete at weight classes they shouldnt be at just to gain a weight advantage. IGo back to same day weigh-in's If a fighter wants to risk brain damage by dehyrating and starving himself then oh well. They know the risks.
                    You do know that Pacquiao weighed more than almost all his opponents at 130 and below. So Pacquiao cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Grimes View Post
                      You do know that Pacquiao weighed more than almost all his opponents at 130 and below. So Pacquiao cheated.
                      Yet when he moved up in weight because he felt he couldnt make 130 anymore, its attributed to steroid use! LOL. He's probably the smallest WW in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X