• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post

Ricky Hatton
    Miguel Cotto
    Joshua Clottey
    Antonio Margarito
    Shane Mosley
    I gotta admit, that's a pretty incredible last 5, one after the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
      I gotta admit, that's a pretty incredible last 5, one after the other.
      Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Floyd was still the champion in 2008 so no Manny did not fight all the top 5~ unless you consider the champion not in the top 5~
      Yeah Floyd was the Champion. the others are the TOP ranked Welters. to illustrate.

Welterweight Champion : Floyd Mayweather

1. Antonio Margarito
      2. Miguel Cotto
      3. Shane Mosley
      4. Joshua Clottey
      5. Manny Pacquiao

Pac's next opponent : Shane Mosley - Lost to Floyd who was the champion

Margarito - Lost to the #3 ranked Shane Mosley

Miguel Cotto - Lost to #1 ranked Antonio Margarito

Joshua Clottey - Lost to #2 ranked Miguel Cotto.

These fighters are going to lose againts each other but that doesnt mean they're going to lose to Danny Green p4p.

Comment

Most people don't understand, it wasn't just a lost for 2/5 of those guys. They each got brutally knocked out.

I remember a quote from George Foreman from a HBO broadcast of a Trinidad fight I watched recently where he said;

"A fighter can lose his prime in one fight."

then goes on to say how it happened to Fernando Vargas. It did. When you suffer a lost, like say a close decision lost. Most of the time the fighter will come back stronger depending on how good his mentality is. Then...when you get a brutal beat down like the one Vargas suffered, that just takes apart your whole mentality. You start getting constant flashbacks, and it's even worse for boxers because they're given the reminder almost each and every day when they look at those highlight videos and see themselves getting knocked out. Once a fighter breaks mentality, there career is over.

Until you've lost a fight, you'll never understand what it feels like afterwards. It's much worse for boxers.

Comment

Working...
        X