• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    I miss Pride...
    Who doesn't?

Comment

No, He is playing B.A. Baracas in the A-Team movie...
      didnt realize he was doing an a-team re-make as well. i maintain that death warrior was horrible though.

Comment

I must of not have got the memo that you can't be a fan of both boxing and MMA. MMA as a sport is not dying. The UFC is a brand, not the whole sport. MMA survived years without PPV or Television and has only recently became a main attraction. As for boxing. It is getting better but the fact remains only 2 names in boxing put up any kind of numbers right now, Mayweather and Pacquiao...

Without the UFC the sport of MMA is nothing.Do you think it can go back to what it was ten years ago? Do you really? It couldn't afford it.

Typical MMA fan still using the "how few stars there are in boxing" argument....WAKE UP! That's more stars than what MMA has.How many MMA fights can draw up to a million or over buyrates based on one fight? I will answer that for you...NONE! Not even the wwe champion could draw a million with Couture.

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
        Who doesn't?

I can't say that I do.Japanese Pro Wrestling companies have come and gone throughout the years and Pride was just another that bit the dust.
        Last edited by prinzmanspoper; 12-12-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzmanspoper View Post
          Without the UFC the sport of MMA is nothing.Do you think it can go back to what it was ten years ago? Do you really? It couldn't afford it.
          I don't think it would be half bad. Then maybe we could see the fights we want to see in different promotions. Set up a ranking system and let fighters fight like in boxing.

Typical MMA fan still using the "how few stars there are in boxing" argument....WAKE UP! That's more stars than what MMA has.How many MMA fights can draw up to a million or over buyrates based on one fight? I will answer that for you...NONE! Not even the wwe champion could draw a million with Couture.
          A million buy rates twice a year or 200,000 too 400,000 ten times a year. You do the math friend. I couldn't even tell you who the Heavyweight champion of boxing is right now without looking it up and I watch Boxing...

I can't say that I do.Japanese Pro Wrestling companies have come and gone throughout the years and Pride was just another that bit the dust.
          Japanese love the whole godzilla thing. Seeing their favorite prowrestler take on freaks was purely entertainment for them. But as far as everything else, they where superior to the UFC. From the fighters, production, commentators, and even the rules. Pride was an awesome organzation who knew how to put on epic fights.....

Comment

I don't think it would be half bad. Then maybe we could see the fights we want to see in different promotions. Set up a ranking system and let fighters fight like in boxing.

A million buy rates twice a year or 200,000 too 400,000 ten times a year. You do the math friend. I couldn't even tell you who the Heavyweight champion of boxing is right now without looking it up and I watch Boxing...

Japanese love the whole godzilla thing. Seeing their favorite prowrestler take on freaks was purely entertainment for them. But as far as everything else, they where superior to the UFC. From the fighters, production, commentators, and even the rules. Pride was an awesome organzation who knew how to put on epic fights.....
            it doesnt help that ufc keep lowballing younger fighters in order to keep the same guys in the title picture...if they really want to create new stars they need to stop feeding couture title shots and liddell #1 contender fights...jr dos santos deserves to at least get a chance to fight for contention...and vera deserved a fair shake against couture...i guarantee if chuck beats tito he will be next in line for the lhw belt...that sucks

the lower weight classes seem to give younger guys chances but thats only because silva gsp and bj are so dominant they are running through every one

Comment

What math? You can't compare the two.How many ppv's has boxing put out this year?(not counting internet ppv)

The UFC puts out monthly ppv's while boxing hasn't this year.

Having superior fights is debatable.I am sure that everybody thought that Nogueira was a superior fighter to a faded Ricco Rodriguez and we all saw what happened there.

Pride's commentators were never any good,Rutten is as overrated a personality as was a fighter and Quadros didn't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                Yep.

Have you noticed that during almost every highlight reel for almost every fighter before their respective match, you hear the line, "in UFC history!", lol.

And that almost every ko/submission has an exclamation put on it with a "WOW!" from Joe Rogan.

I went off the rails a few years ago and started watching MMA exclusively, but have since been turned off as the UFC hype machine continues to sell us bull****.
                yeah there so annoying ive changed the channel on UFC events many times and forgot to turn it back on
                I also cant stand guys like Koscheck (sp?) will have someone out on there feet then they extend the fight buy another round or 2 by taking them down and humping there opponents leg until the ref says "thats enough fellas"

grow some balls and finish the fights you ***gy wrestlers

I went on a MMA site and asked what the best stand up war was and the videos people were putting up were about as exciting as a toughman contest

Comment

Working...
                X