Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Canelo do against Sergio Marvilla Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Counting all KD's official and unofficial, Martinez was KD'ed 3x by Cotto (1 more time in the 9th which was a terrible call by the ref calling it a KD when it clearly wasn't), 2x by Murray (one was robbed from Murray), Chavez Jr 1x, Macklin 1x, Pavlik 1x, Williams 1x.

Are people serious? Lol, if a guy can get knocked down that much, you better believe Canelo will do the same and do even worse things.
    To be fair all those knockdowns with the exception of the chavez one were only cuz he was off balance. And the cotto fight his knees were obviously fcked.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
      To be fair all those knockdowns with the exception of the chavez one were only cuz he was off balance. And the cotto fight his knees were obviously fcked.
      Sure, Gamboa always had the same "balance" issue. But when do you draw a line between balance and just inability to take a good punch and stay standing? Then if Martinez is off balance so much, that still leaves a lot of room for Canelo to get KD's a win the fight regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Why avoid my question name the list of fighters Sergio beat that are better then trout? Go ahead I dare you. Trout world champ only lost to elite fighters never knocked out, only dropped by 2 fighters charlo who punches like a mule wasn't 1 of them. And flat out embarrassed a 1st ballot HOFer. Now go look at the bulk of bums Sergio beat. Trout is a better fighter with a better resume then every fighter Sergio beat except maybe 2 guys. But go ahead make a bigger fool out yourself and get me that list.
        Just for the record.

I do think Trout's a good fighter, but outside of his singular good win against Cotto nigh on 5 years ago now he's beat basically no-one. He has a reputation for giving tough fights and that's a bout it. Enough (somehow) to make Canelo, Charlo and Lara into elites apparently in some eyes though, cos he's the best legit win for all of them.

I was a huge fan of Maravilla, but that doesn't mean I don't see many of the flaws you point out in his style however, and I do think there'd be a high chance of Canelo timing and countering him, much as it pains me to admit it, although I think Sergios movement would give Canelo fits too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
          Topic???????
          Sergio by UD. Even the version who fought Chavez Jr in 2012 would be enough. If floyd's accuracy and power was enough to make Canelo hesitate, Sergio's would also make him honest. Granted Floyd is just too good in the pocket and sergio isn't, he should continually move and fight in the back foot like he did against Chavez. Make a statement in round 1 to slow canelo down, potshots the next few rounds while leading with that left. And throw combos when Canelo overextends.

If canelo receives the same punishment prime granite chin jr took, i dont think he'd be able to stand it.

It'd be a fast pace chess match war. Sergio's power, speed and footwork would be the key. Prime sergio got a pulse.

Comment

Counting all KD's official and unofficial, Martinez was KD'ed 3x by Cotto (1 more time in the 9th which was a terrible call by the ref calling it a KD when it clearly wasn't), 2x by Murray (one was robbed from Murray), Chavez Jr 1x, Macklin 1x, Pavlik 1x, Williams 1x.

Are people serious? Lol, if a guy can get knocked down that much, you better believe Canelo will do the same and do even worse things.
            It's crazy how little respect Canelo gets, it's like people having been watching him all these years...

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
              Sergio by UD. Even the version who fought Chavez Jr in 2012 would be enough. If floyd's accuracy and power was enough to make Canelo hesitate, Sergio's would also make him honest. Granted Floyd is just too good in the pocket and sergio isn't, he should continually move and fight in the back foot like he did against Chavez. Make a statement in round 1 to slow canelo down, potshots the next few rounds while leading with that left. And throw combos when Canelo overextends.

If canelo receives the same punishment prime granite chin jr took, i dont think he'd be able to stand it.

It'd be a fast pace chess match war. Sergio's power, speed and footwork would be the key. Prime sergio got a pulse.
              Sergio isn't Floyd man!

Sergio has little defense, Mayweather is defense first. Sergio fights with his hands hanging, Floyd fights with his hands up at all times. Floyd stands in the pocket and counters and moves, Sergio moves around exerting a lot of energy, he does a lot of unnecessary moving, trying to be RJJ or something but at his old age of 35+ all that did was constantly get him in the canvas against semi-good fighters.

Comment

Sure, Gamboa always had the same "balance" issue. But when do you draw a line between balance and just inability to take a good punch and stay standing? Then if Martinez is off balance so much, that still leaves a lot of room for Canelo to get KD's a win the fight regardless.
                i think the difference is most of the KD in sergio fights, the punch didnt even land on his face. Williams hit his shoulder. Also the fact that sergio a natural 154lb went up and fought with MW and took their best punches. He is hittable but he uses his feet well to get away also he has a good reach and canelo doesnt really close distance well. And sergio is a really good counter puncher as well as a boxer/aggressor. Knows to stay out of reach. He did it with pure MW, and beat them up.

Comment

Sergio isn't Floyd man!

Sergio has little defense, Mayweather is defense first. Sergio fights with his hands hanging, Floyd fights with his hands up at all times. Floyd stands in the pocket and counters and moves, Sergio moves around exerting a lot of energy, he does a lot of unnecessary moving, trying to be RJJ or something but at his old age of 35+ all that did was constantly get him in the canvas against semi-good fighters.
                  Sergio made it up to P4P #3 behind only Pacquiao & Floyd...

Do you really believe Canelo does anything remotely good enough to trouble him in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                  X