Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomo is clearly FOTY Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yes, Loma just locked up a lot of **** with what he did to Walters tonight.

Comment

Frampton still gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Its moot my brother, moot.

Edit; Honestly wasnt trying to call you out. I made the same mistake many moons ago. Please dont take it as me being another a hole on the interwebz.
        Good shout.

In my defence, its 6.52am here and i have now been awake for over 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          And yes, Loma just locked up a lot of **** with what he did to Walters tonight.
          Walters quit, he didn't want to win and just showed up for a check. If Loma and him had a fight like Frampton/SC and he won then I could see the case.

Comment

I agree he is fighter of the year and I agree with Max that he really is the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Everything Ward does well he does better and he does so many things Ward can't do. He can punch with both hands while Ward can only punch fairly hard with his left. He throws twice as many punches as Ward per round. He is not involved in over 100 ugly wrestling clinches every fight as Ward is. In fact you seldom see him in a clinch at all. He is getting the KOs over top ranked fighters that Ward doesn't get. What 130 pounder in the world could even have a chance against him? Walters never had a chance and he was one of the best at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Good shout.

In my defence, its 6.52am here and i have now been awake for over 24 hours

No defense needed my friend. In hindsight i should have held my tongue.

Comment

People can crap on Rocky all they want but he fought a close fight against Crawford's best or second best win: Burns.
                Rocky even dropped Burns something Crawford wasn't able to do.
                And it's not like Burns was in his prime when Crawford beat him. Burns was already looking bad before Crawford and Burns was still able to win 4-5 rounds. Loma delivered a KO of the year contender on Rocky. Rocky didn't win a single round.

Crawford won fighter of the year the year he beat Burns.
                Loma delivers a KO of the year contender against Rocky Martinez, say what you want about him, but he's still more accomplished than a lot of other fighters.
                Then Loma dominates Walters. Who was considered a legit threat.

That smells like Fighter of Year to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  Walters quit, he didn't want to win and just showed up for a check. If Loma and him had a fight like Frampton/SC and he won then I could see the case.
                  Thats one way to look at it. The way I saw it Loma made him quit.

Comment

Loma was really impressive tonight for sure

Comment

It's Pacquiao no doubt! Bradley and Vargas were top 10 welter when they fought Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X