No announcement yet.

Best division in boxing right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best division in boxing right now

What's the best division in boxing right now?
    Heavyweight
    4.00%
    Light Heavyweight
    0.00%
    Super Middleweight
    16.00%
    Middleweight
    8.00%
    Junior Middleweight
    24.00%
    Welterweight
    16.00%
    Junior Welterweight
    4.00%
    Lightweight
    0.00%
    Featherweight
    0.00%
    Super Bantamweight
    28.00%

122, 160 and 168.

122 is having an influx of fighters move up from 118.

160 and 168 still have interesting match-ups to make. Regardless of whether Ward has cleaned up 168 there are still good enough contenders to fight each other.
    Last edited by artfuL_; 10-06-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Welterweight IMO. Pacman, Money, Ortiz, etc. All the best fighters are around 147lbs ATM IMO.

People like Maidana, Bradley, moving up to the weight. People like Broner who'll be there soon enough.

Comment

for me it's between 122 & 140

Comment

definitely 122 pounds. Donaire, Nishioka, Rigo, Mares, Moreno (hopefully he'll stay after his fight wih Mares). Then you got the second tier of guys like Vazquez Jr, Marquez, Mathebula, Arce, Kiko Martinez, Carl Frampton, Scott Quigg, Munroe. . . Terrazas. .

AND NOW you got Darchinyan too?!

Rico Ramos. .. Mijares. . Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym. .

Jesus. . . So ****ing deep. .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            definitely 122 pounds. Donaire, Nishioka, Rigo, Mares, Moreno (hopefully he'll stay after his fight wih Mares). Then you got the second tier of guys like Vazquez Jr, Marquez, Mathebula, Arce, Kiko Martinez, Carl Frampton, Scott Quigg, Munroe. . . Terrazas. .

AND NOW you got Darchinyan too?!

Rico Ramos. .. Mijares. . Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym. .

Jesus. . . So ****ing deep. .
            Moreno will stay at 122 I imagine.

Especially if he wins.

Comment

After that, for me it's 160 pounds.

Martinez, Chavez Jr., Golovkin, Pirog, Hassan H'Dam N'Jikam, Geale, Sturm, Quillin. . Then guys like Barker, Proksa, Lee, Macklin who I still think are very solid boxers. . . ANd I tink Danny Jacobs can stil lcome back strong (if cancer didn't take too much out of him). . ALSO, a guy to look out for is AVTANDIL KHURTSIDZE. . IF he got a good promotor, he could beat some of the above listed guys.

Third place for me is: Cruiserweight (THE MOST underrated, and underappreciated weight class ever.): Hernandez, Lebedev, Tarver, Huck, Wlod., Ofalabi, Masternak, Alekseev, Kucher, Guillermo Jones, Chakhiev, Pawel Kolodziej. . Troy Ross is solid. .

Eddie Chambers also comign down to cruiserweight. .

Honorable Mention is 140: Rios, Alvarado, Khan, Garcia, Peterson (presuming he doesn't stay at 147), provodnikov, Matthyssee.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Moreno will stay at 122 I imagine.

Especially if he wins.
                I think so too. . I'm really not sure who wins that fight. . Slightly leaning towards Mares due to his work rate, but Moreno might be the slickest boxer not named FLoyd right now.

I mean it's ridiculus the world class talent, and potential world class talent at 122: Mares, Moreno, Donaire, and Rigo are all right now top 10 pound for pound worthy, or definitely very soon to be.

Comment

Nishioka
                  Donaire
                  Mares
                  Moreno
                  Rigo
                  Santa Cruz

That's just the very top of 122 in most people's opinion. Easily my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    I think so too. . I'm really not sure who wins that fight. . Slightly leaning towards Mares due to his work rate, but Moreno might be the slickest boxer not named FLoyd right now.

I mean it's ridiculus the world class talent, and potential world class talent at 122: Mares, Moreno, Donaire, and Rigo are all right now top 10 pound for pound worthy, or definitely very soon to be.
                    I'm definitely leaning on Moreno. But, no doubt it'll be a tough fight for both men.

It's probably the toughest fight of both of their career's so far.

A career defining fight, for both.

Comment

Working...
                    X