No announcement yet.

Andy Ruiz Jr Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Ruiz Jr Return

As per “my sources” (love when I see that **** on here) The Destroyer makes his return on April 20th on the Danny Garcia card. He’s fighting Alexander Dimitrenko. Andy looks in the best shape of his career too:

Thoughts?

(4:20 is going to have a lot of great boxing. Gonna be so mellow)

Haters lol

Comment

He won the Parker fight, should be champion.

Don't sleep on this guy.

Comment

I really really like this guy, i wish he was more active to be honest. They haven't done enough for him, Top rank should have done more for his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I really really like this guy, i wish he was more active to be honest. They haven't done enough for him, Top rank should have done more for his career.
          I agree. That's why he left Top Rank. I'm hoping he gets a few fights this year. For a guy his size, he's probably got the fastest hands in the divison, and from his IG page, he looks like he's in the best shape of his career...

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
            He won the Parker fight, should be champion.

Don't sleep on this guy.
            Pretty sure that I had Ruiz up 8-4 in that match.

Weird that the judges scored it 7-5, 7-5 and 6-6 in New Zealand and nobody called that a hometown decision.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Pretty sure that I had Ruiz up 8-4 in that match.

Weird that the judges scored it 7-5, 7-5 and 6-6 in New Zealand and nobody called that a hometown decision.
              pretty sure you dont know how to score a fight then, ruiz did nothing in the last few rounds and that cost him the decision, the fact every close fight now is called a robbery is just embarrising tbf

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                pretty sure you dont know how to score a fight then, ruiz did nothing in the last few rounds and that cost him the decision, the fact every close fight now is called a robbery is just embarrising tbf
                You're the only one in this thread who used the word "robbery"

I said it was a hometown decision, which it was.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  You're the only one in this thread who used the word "robbery"

I said it was a hometown decision, which it was.
                  every time i have seen this fight discussed robbery is thrown around like the term is going out of fashion which is ridiculous, the scorecards were spot on, 7-5 and 6-6 if you want to be generous to Ruiz plodding forward all fight long, despite most of his aggression being ineffective.

8-4 implies a robbery does it not?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    every time i have seen this fight discussed robbery is thrown around like the term is going out of fashion which is ridiculous, the scorecards were spot on, 7-5 and 6-6 if you want to be generous to Ruiz plodding forward all fight long, despite most of his aggression being ineffective.

8-4 implies a robbery does it not?
                    8-4 isn't a robbery, it's still close IMO. 6-6, 7-5 and 8-4 are not scores I'd ever consider a robbery unless they were 8 dominant rounds to 4 close rounds.

I do agree with you that everyone throws around the term "robbery" whenever their guy doesn't win though. I typically save that term for Lara/Williams type fights.

Also, I said "I think" I gave Ruiz 8-4. Very well could have been 7-5. I just know that I had him winning. Was back before I downloaded the scoring app where I can view all my cards. I was still scoring with paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X