Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What's Left For Gennady Golovkin To Prove?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    the ONLY criteria is.....

WHO, with consideration given to when/how

he KTFO 18 no-hopers, went life-n-death with Jacobs, and drew with Canelo

don't be ridiculous

surely you must realize that you just hopped on the short bus
    And Jacobs was his #th defense ?
    And Monzon was dropped by Rodrigo Valdez when he was 35. Then retired .

Drew with Canelo ? The one fought during a Mexican holiday weekend and promoted by Canelo's promoter in a Mexican friendly Las Vegas ?

Let me know when Monzon went to his challenger's place under his challenger's promotion.

Comment

Golovkin is the Lebron James of boxing?

Maybe if Lebron James played the Washington Generals 95% of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Yikes...
        Pretty cringe worthy. I think it's finally time for Golovkin to shine, yet some people be like, "Ok, that's a wrap! ATG is a lock!"
        He fought trash for years. Here's his chance to prove himself because the division is full of talent that wasn't there the last few years. The Canelo decision was unfortunate but there's still opportunity.
        The Canelo decision wasn’t unfortunate.He was naturally the bigger man ,he had his opponent gassed from as early as the 4th round. Had him virtually fighting off the ropes for the entire time. Lost marks for effective aggression. Lost marks for blocking punches with his face and for me should be a 10-8 round if you throw a power punch and your opponent is already standing at the other side of the ring staring at your stupidity. I do agree with the rest of your assessment though however GGG had every chance to make it conclusive and didn’t . I put money on GGG that night so nobody was more pissed than I was with the draw

Comment

GGG has faced some great middlweights during his reign he will be remembered forever. Still like to see him to try unify against Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
            Well, g could prove he can decisively beat a top opponent. He could prove that he isn't always looking for the easiest fight, no matter what. He has fought two top opponents. The first was a controversial decision win and the second was a draw. Literally. That leaves a lot left to prove. Canelo has wins over Trout, Lara, and Cotto.

I'm sorry, but this is b.s. This is like praising DSG for knocking out Salka. Come on, this is just pathetic. A mandatory against a prospect with 12 pro fights, to fight you on three weeks notice? Nope. Brought a jmw on a losing streak out of retirement instead. Fighters should not get praised for that.

If you give g credit for this win, you need to also praise Mayweather for his performance over Berto and Wilder's performance over Arreola. Those fights proved as much as this debacle.
            Trout? WHAT A GREAT FIGHTER.
            His second best win is Daniel Dawson. DANIEL DAWSON. When Dawson fought Geale, and Dawson was still undefeated and in his prime he lost every single round.

This weekend GGG blasted a guy Lara struggled with. He got absolutely blasted.

Comment

Wow! That was terrible. Embarrassing really.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                In most fans’ minds, ggg beat Canelo.
                It doesn’t matter what we think. All GGG had to do is impress 3 professional fans of the sport. If he knocked out Canelo that would have defined him in my opinion. He didn’t even hurt a guy that was physically gassed after the 4th round

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Yikes...
                  Pretty cringe worthy. I think it's finally time for Golovkin to shine, yet some people be like, "Ok, that's a wrap! ATG is a lock!"
                  He fought trash for years. Here's his chance to prove himself because the division is full of talent that wasn't there the last few years. The Canelo decision was unfortunate but there's still opportunity.
                  what kind of garbage article is this?!! IT's beyond obvious these article publications come from the main sources, the Lil'G fanboys from this forum.

Let's see here: I was expecting TO AT LEAST see something about Billy Joe Saunders and the WBO FFS...

Instead, we get some retaaarded analogy to basketball and industry still wanting Canelo.

aboutfkntime

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                    Trout? WHAT A GREAT FIGHTER.
                    His second best win is Daniel Dawson. DANIEL DAWSON. When Dawson fought Geale, and Dawson was still undefeated and in his prime he lost every single round.

This weekend GGG blasted a guy Lara struggled with. He got absolutely blasted.
                    notice the lil one never fought lara tho? and notice his trainer said "if we fight lara you will criticize us for fighting 154 lbers"??

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lester Tutor View Post
                      what kind of garbage article is this?!! IT's beyond obvious these article publications come from the main sources, the Lil'G fanboys from this forum.

Let's see here: I was expecting TO AT LEAST see something about Billy Joe Saunders and the WBO FFS...

Instead, we get some retaaarded analogy to basketball and industry still wanting Canelo.

aboutfkntime

Lololololol... nice video

Comment

Working...
                      X