Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exposed- john Oliver, two-face pandering to idiot liberal followers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my reservations about snarky Brits who make a living pandering to liberals, yet have nothing to say about their own country which is being taken over by radical Islam. He's another Hollyweird cuck preaching to the choir.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I have my reservations about snarky Brits who make a living pandering to liberals, yet have nothing to say about their own country which is being taken over by radical Islam. He's another Hollyweird cuck preaching to the choir.
      Eloquently put, I like your style.

Comment

The problem isn't John Oliver, its that so many people are so disenfranchised by the government (both parties) that people actual take comedic takes of our government so seriously from the pro-comedic takes side to the anti-comedic takes side.

Although I will say that the good part about comedians taking on political views is they are actually better at getting their point to the masses & cutting through the obvious bs that politicians don't wanna say out loud often times & that gives them such a bad rep across political beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          The problem isn't John Oliver, its that so many people are so disenfranchised by the government (both parties) that people actual take comedic takes of our government so seriously from the pro-comedic takes side to the anti-comedic takes side.

Although I will say that the good part about comedians taking on political views is they are actually better at getting their point to the masses & cutting through the obvious bs that politicians don't wanna say out loud often times & that gives them such a bad rep across political beliefs.
          I would agree but it's so obvious guys like Oliver and Noah are arms of the Democratic Party. So their not really making fun of government but actually using their platform to brow beat opponents in group in the favor of another.

I don't practically care for either of the parties, but I prefer balanced coverage on the ills of both groups.

That's why so many youngsters are going to YouTube for their news. There's a wide variety opinions to digest and it's one of the main reasons you see such a major push back against it.

Oliver, Noah, Sam Bee, And others of their ilk are basically lobbyist at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
            I would agree but it's so obvious guys like Oliver and Noah are arms of the Democratic Party. So their not really making fun of government but actually using their platform to brow beat opponents in group in the favor of another.
            I don't watch either of those shows. I did used to watch the Daily Show when Jon Stewart was on there & he often made from of people from either party. He tended to make a joke of the system. Idk what these other two guys are doing so maybe they are shills, but I tend to doubt it as the comedic take on politics is that politics are a joke. Not just one party. Although the R's tend to be easier to make jokes about.

I don't practically care for either of the parties, but I prefer balanced coverage on the ills of both groups.
            How do you get "balanced" coverage in a talk show/standup comedy nightclub stage environment? That sounds like some Nazi or commie sh^t or something lol.

People talk bad about politicians. Its not just one group. Most people seem to think they are all f#ckwits & that's why I & most people don't even vote most of the time I'd suggest. I for sure can tell you I don't vote because I'm frustrated with the political system & have no faith in them with making the best decisions for most of the people in the US regardless of which side I vote for.

I've legit suggested that there should be a "none of the above" option that would void a persons right to ever run for another political office at that level of politics or higher. I think voter turnout would greatly increase if that was a real thing & I think people who ran would start taking their jobs & the things they say & do more serious under that sort of world. Ain't happening obviously, but that's about my only hope for politics in the future & that or something similar is likely the only sorta thing that would ever get me voting again.

Oliver, Noah, Sam Bee, And others of their ilk are basically lobbyist at this point.
            I think they are just people with opinions. And the need to entertain people. And most people feel like its easier to make fun of the things R's do & believe over the things D's do & believe so they are "against" these guys in some peoples minds more then those guys. I just see them making fun of politicians who deserve to be made fun of, f#ck their letter affiliation.

Comment

Working...
            X