Froch vs Eubank Jr in EPIC sparring session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
    it's just a sparring session...
    Thread title reads "EPIC sparring session".

Thanks for the reminder though.

Comment

Froch overachieved in his career due to sheer will+toughness and a bit of luck...I'm sure he got knocked around in sparring from time to time....it's in a real match where he is dangerous. Eaubank is talented tho, I hope he hasn't reached his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        Thread title reads "EPIC sparring session".

Thanks for the reminder though.
        you're welcome

Comment

Eubank Jr. turned Froch into his *****. He'll be a star soon.

Comment

eubank battering him in there

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              I've only seen him fight one full fight which was against O'Sullivan. He looked vulnerable at times, but O'Sullivan is no pushover.

Regarding the Saunders loss, he's had all wins via KO so I would assume he's made improvements from two years ago.
              KOs over Sullivan and Blackwell level opponents doesn't mean much. And if you've only seen him in one full fight you can't really present an argument on the issue.

Comment

you talkin about practice...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  KOs over Sullivan and Blackwell level opponents doesn't mean much. And if you've only seen him in one full fight you can't really present an argument on the issue.
                  That plus a few one round destructions against a few journeymen.

But other than BJS and O'Sullivan, who has he fought to allow us to gauge his improvement? No one.

BJS and O'Sullivan were his biggest fights to date.

Comment

Evidently he did the same to DeGale.

Scott Gilfoid: Unbeaten middleweight prospect Chris Eubank Jr. (9-0, 4 KO’s) explained recently why him and WBC Silver super middleweight champion James DeGale (14-1, 9 KO’s) have so much bad blood between them. Eubank Jr, 23, says he came over to the 27-year-old former 2008 Olympic gold medalist DeGale’s gym not long ago to spar with him, and he got the better of him in front of his dad and his friends.

After it was over, he was booted from the gym by DeGale. Because of that, Eubank Jr. says he decided to tell people what happened in that sparring session.

Eubank Jr. said to Sky Sports “I’ll probably come away with a title shot by the end of the year. It’s in my DNA to be like he was. With DeGale, I went into his gym and sparred and stayed on top of him for 8 rounds, and at the end of the 8th round, I dealt with him.

Normally, I would never tell I did this or that to someone in the gym, but he was rude to me, telling me to get out of his gym. He was angry because I beat him up in front of his dad and his gym mates. I thought if you’re going to be rude to me then I’m going to tell people what exactly happened in there. When I come up to super middleweight or he comes down to middleweight, we’ll meet in the middle. It’s going to happen. When it does happen, he’s going to get exposed. The doubters and the haters, what am I going to say to them? They’re always going to come back with something. With all my fights, you’re going to see me improve with everything coming to fruition in 2013 and 2014, and I’m going to make you guys into believers.”
                    http://www.************.com/2013/02/...ad-in-the-gym/

Comment

but in all seriousness, this is a higher elvel of parody than you often see when an aging figther is prepping for a big fight. eubanks is very, very talented. if he didn't have defensive liabilities he'd be a real handful. great combination puncher. talented kid. guys like that usually look great in the gym.

froch wouldn't beat eubanks with speed, that's for sure. he'd use all of the rounds of a long fight. he's a storm weatherer with power. he'd know what to do.

gotta pick froch to win, likely via late knockout.

Comment

Working...
                      X