Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zaveck Confident Keith Thurman Will Fall, Eyes Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a war, just so Zaveck's face doesn't come apart like it did vs Berto. Maybe Thurman won't do a headbutt on Zaveck like Berto did. Zaveck is tough as nails, so this will be far from a pushover for Thurman to walk through. I won't predict anything, but I'd like to see Zaveck come through this one with a W. He's more interesting to watch than Thurman... and Zaveck would definitely bust up Bradley if he got the shot.

Comment

I'm not sold on Thurman, he has power and decent skill but he admires his work way too much. I realize when you have a shot, you need to impress and play to the crowd a bit, so that could be his angle.

I'd pick Thurman to win the early rounds of course but if he doesn't KO Zaveck by the 3rd round or so, I see Zaveck pulling away. Still, HBO seems to have invested in Thurman so as per the norm, Zaveck dominates the mid and late rounds while Thurman gasses but Thurman gets the controversial SD win.

You got to consider the fact that Thurman has only been 8 rounds once in his entire career and his best win was against a shot to pieces Quintana who retired after the fight. Most of Zaveck's fights went the distance....stamina should be a prime factor in this fight, especially since Thurman will try to take Zaveck out early and likely tire out prematurely if he can't get it done.
      Last edited by mathed; 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X