Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me what are carbs used for ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leff View Post
    all kcals turns into fat if not burned
    true, but lots of ppl dont know must their cals come from carbs I thought I point that out, also, its easier for body to get rid of excess protein than excess fat or carbs. body can dispose no problem non saturated fat if you eat right proportion. I heard ppl lose mad weight with that 40-30-30 diet, there's this old woman and her husband I know got on that diet and lost crazy weight fast, lots of testimonials on the web also.

Comment

Originally posted by sammiza567 View Post
      i got to respectfully disagree. just b/c you hear that carbs/sugar are okay after your workout, doesnt give you a free pass to binge. yes, if you were to eat that donut at any time during the day, the best time would be post workout. but in reality why not just go with a banana sammich on some wheat bread with protein shake.
      I was just citing an example. Of course a donut isn't the best option. A banana would probably be better than a donut and Gatorade would probably better than anything because Liquids get into your system faster than solid food.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
        Because after you train your glycogen stores are depleted and you need something fast burning and believe it or not high in sugar. You're body is looking for anything it can get to get energy back in the body and something like Jelly on White Bread, Gatorade, Bagel or a Glazed Donut is ideal.
        To add on, simple sugars are the best Post/Pre-WO due to their simplified structure, digests faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          Because after you train your glycogen stores are depleted and you need something fast burning and believe it or not high in sugar. You're body is looking for anything it can get to get energy back in the body and something like Jelly on White Bread, Gatorade, Bagel or a Glazed Donut is ideal.
          sweet, i love nothing more than a slurpee after a hard training session in summer ;D

Comment

Working...
          X