Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dubois or Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like DD, never watched Lewison. With both we'll have to see how their chin holds up to good competition before we can tell how far theyll go

Comment

I met Joyce in person. The boy is a giant. Because his first opponent is so seasoned, it will tell a lot about him.

Comment

There's footage out there of AJ and Joyce sparring. It's in a very controlled environment, taking turns on the frontfoot and on the backfoot. But Joyce does look like he can hold his own and he moves well on the backfoot.

I just don't understand the logic behind nicknaming yourself after a bra size? "Here comes Triple D!" *cue a man with massive roid **** coming out*.

Comment

Originally posted by WıLL View Post
          There's footage out there of AJ and Joyce sparring. It's in a very controlled environment, taking turns on the frontfoot and on the backfoot. But Joyce does look like he can hold his own and he moves well on the backfoot.

I just don't understand the logic behind nicknaming yourself after a bra size? "Here comes Triple D!" *cue a man with massive roid **** coming out*.
          Joyce doesnt always look the part, but no one can doubt his effectiveness so far.

Superheavies dont like fighting 3 minutes of every round, but that is exactly what Joyce forces them to do. He has some finesse too, a lovely sharp jab, goes to body and head with his combos.

Assuming he beats Lewison, his resume will already be better than Dubois', and thats without taking into account Joyces WSB fights.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed
            I would love to see those infamous sparring videos of Joshua and Dubois.
            Found it...

Triple DDD is the one on the left in the White Head Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
              Found it...

Triple DDD is the one on the left in the White Head Guard.

I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Hard one but im sticking with Dubois.He's ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
                  Joyce looked like **** vs Lewinson but he's completely different level to who Dubois has been fighting.

Joyce is a decorated amateur (Olympics, Worlds, Commonwealth) & Daniel is a Team GB dropout. The eye test says Daniel is special but his Dad & Frank Warren wouldn't have risked his debut vs Ian.

Until he fights a pulse then I'm going to stick with Joyce.
                  I understand your rationale for picking Joyce but DD has waaaay more tools. He's stylistically, much more suited to the pro's also. Joyce massively over-achieved as an amateur, mainly because he's a naturally gifted athlete, but that will not be enough to cut it in the pros. Joe is a very genuine guy, and I wish him all the best but I'd be amazed if he had any success at world level in the pro ranks. He would need to improve his fundamentals dramatically to do so. Dubois on the other hand has all the fundamentals to go very far in the pro game, it's just a case of guiding him and allowing him to gain the right experiences to stand him in good stead when he inevitably challenges for major titles. I agree DD has fought virtually nothing in his first 4 fights but even with his lack of experience I'd be supremely confident he would beat Joe Joyce now, and beat him handily.

Comment

dubois younger and fresher,in two years they should fight.. he can beat Joyce but Joyce is no push over

Comment

I wasn't super impressed with Joyce's debut, but that was vs a cat up several levels to most cats debut opponent so I can't be overly harsh about that particular fight.

And just logically Joyce is gonna get the first chance to succeed or fail cuz they got all the time in the world with Dubois.

So if they get Joyce the right fights to strategically move him up the rankings I think he'll get the first title shot, but I don't think he wins it unless someone like Joe Parker still has a belt or has reacquired one post what I expect to be a L vs Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X