No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I don't disagree. Rigo's career is nearly over, and he knows it. He and his team must surely see that this might be his last chance at a fat paycheck.
    This is all true, but what happened to all the 'loma ducking rigo' comments before the fight was signed? because every time i opened a lomachenko/rigo thread there were a ton of them. they seemed to of disappeared?

Comment

Rigo should of had a much better career and bank balance if he can beat loma he might have thr finish to his career his great talent deserves but loma is a massive fave hear and will probly stop rigo in 6 rounds

Comment

loma is going to outclass E.T and make the ape retire.

Comment

Originally posted by NO/BS2468 View Post
          Nicholas Walters. That name alone is better than anybody on Rigo's resume.
          Maybe but if u look into it you'll see there was a bit of funny business going on with making that fight too . Walters was interviewed saying Arum purposely shelved him for over a year Then offered him the Loma fight . Walters asked for a tune-up knowing going straight to the Lomachenko fight after a Long layoff wouldn't be good . Arum gave him the ol' " take it or leave it " . So we got the fight we got .
          Walters still a b;tch though.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Loma fought Salido in only his second pro fight and he still went ahead with it even after Salido cheated on the weight and came in 11lbs heavier on the night!

And why criticise him for accepting a call out from Rigo?

Would you shit on Mikey or Crawford if Loma called them out and they accepted his callenge?
            Hmabshir shts on Kov, GGG, and Lom every chance he gets. His bias is transparent as glass. He would salivate Mikey or Crawford fighting Lom because of his see-through bias and he would be praying they would win.
            Last edited by richardt; 09-28-2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Rigondeaux didn't have to take the fight considering he secured a $10 mil contract for four years with Roc Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                This is all true, but what happened to all the 'loma ducking rigo' comments before the fight was signed? because every time i opened a lomachenko/rigo thread there were a ton of them. they seemed to of disappeared?
                It's all just juvenile shit on these boards. Who gives a fuck? Lol What matters is that this fight is actually gonna happen. I never thought it would. I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  it is a big ask alright

he is definitely the best fighter in the world if he can pull it off

I like them both, but I gotta ride with Rigo just for having the balls to make this fight

Loma is a dynamo, I can see Rigo getting outworked, especially if his power doesn't carry
                  I also see Rigo giving up too many concessions to make this fight happen, and that's not a good thing against a fighter of Loma's caliber.

Unfortunately Loma didn't consider a catch weight, so when he beats Rigo, which I believe he will, it will be somewhat controversial.

Comment

Percentage wise it may be worse, but in terms of pure poundage, Jacobs had a bigger weight advantage over GGG than Loma will have over Rigo in the ring, and GGG still found a way to win. So, it can definitely be done if you employ the sweet science correctly.

I do favor Loma but Rigo is a great fighter. He has the speed advantage and the reach advantage, so if he can defend at an elite level like he normally does, just against the highest quality of competition this time, the size advantage won't matter as much as those two things, and he can box his way to a decision.

Comment

Rigo knows the task ahead of him before signing the contract..Let him prove the aficionados wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X