No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor aims for record of old motherf***ers May/Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    The constant crying about the UFC makes boxing fans look like insecure ******s.
    It gets so under my skin to listen to some respected boxing people go off ignorantly about mma. They sound genuinely threatened by it and it's pathetic. They're separate sports with their own unique rules & styles. Fighting in boxing & mma is about as distinct as throwing a ball in baseball & football.

Watching Dan Rafael, who practically bragged he had no interest in watching this weekends fights, then exploded last night on twitter making fun of how quick the fight was, is probably the most pathetic example of a boxing fan who's threatened. I would love to see people start a petition to have ESPN release him.

If boxing fans don't like mma, don't watch & talk about it. I could careless about football or basketball, I don't feel compelled to talk about them even when they hurt boxing's ratings....

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      I couldn't care less about UFC and it's stars, bro.

It's just irritating how they keep comparing themselves to boxing biggest stars. First it was Rousey, now this guy..

It's a matter of time before he starts calling out Floyd.
      In an interview, he was asked how he would do against Floyd. He said he "would box him and dismantle Floyd."

The guy's got big balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        And look no further than Kimbo Slice to see what sport pushes guys into real fights sooner & has a higher point of entry. Kimbo Slice's boxing record: 7-0, 6KO's (2011-2013). Kimbo Slice's MMA record: 5-2 with 2 KO L's (2007-2010, 2015-).
        Kimbo Slice was fighting 4 rounders with the guys at the time a COMBINED 16-19 record.

Kimbo beat 100 Year old Ray Mercer who then in turn KTFO of an Ex-UFC 2x HW Champion in 9 seconds. Who two years earlier went 5 rounds with Randy Couture. We can go back and forth but a Boxer just KICKED the SHT out of UFC's #1 Star... Ronda Rousey.

Comment

As I said before, Conor is about to become the biggest star in the combat sports world after that KO.

But he earned it, he dethroned the king.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            In an interview, he was asked how he would do against Floyd. He said he "would box him and dismantle Floyd."

The guy's got big balls.

He also said he would fight at Light Heavyweight champion while he still keeps the 145 strap. Cormier would kill him and Bones would make it like he never even existed. UFC fighters LOVE to talk. What ever happened to Ronda??? Before she was quoting EVERYONE from Trump to Jusitin Bieber talking smack. Now nothing??? We have our Butterbeans sidewhows in boxing as well... They're looked at as a JOKE and NOT the #1, #2 best P4P unlike UFC.

Comment

Your day will come Conor!

I think I'm going to enjoy his eventual asskicking beat down just as much if not MORE than Rhonda Rousey/Adrian Broner/Naseem Hamed/Fernando Vargas.

They were all **** talkers that got snot kicked out of them and this Conor McGregor is next.

He is drinking his own bathwater and believing the hype.

The fall will be brutal.

Yo Conor...there is a Holly Holm out there with your name on it...there's a bullet with your name on it and it will be the guy you LEAST expect it from.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                He also said he would fight at Light Heavyweight champion while he still keeps the 145 strap. Cormier would kill him and Bones would make it like he never even existed. UFC fighters LOVE to talk. What ever happened to Ronda??? Before she was quoting EVERYONE from Trump to Jusitin Bieber talking smack. Now nothing??? We have our Butterbeans sidewhows in boxing as well... They're looked at as a JOKE and NOT the #1, #2 best P4P unlike UFC.
                Rondo Rousey was beating up cans.

McGregor has knocked out the #1 and #2 ranked fighters in his division back-to-back, one of whom was rated as the P4P #1. He's no sideshow.

McGregor is looking to go to lightweight which is 155, not light heavyweight. What McGregor is saying is not very different to things tgat Mayweather said, he's also much more articulate which helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Kimbo Slice was fighting 4 rounders with the guys at the time a COMBINED 16-19 record.

Kimbo beat 100 Year old Ray Mercer who then in turn KTFO of an Ex-UFC 2x HW Champion in 9 seconds. Who two years earlier went 5 rounds with Randy Couture. We can go back and forth but a Boxer just KICKED the SHT out of UFC's #1 Star... Ronda Rousey.
                  I'm not dick measuring MMA vs Boxing in that lame ass way first off. That boxer vs MMA guy stuff has been talked about to death. I'm saying there are more bs fights to be had in boxing & often top guys, top prospects take 3 years give or take before they fight a warm body & in the UFC guys keep moving up the ladder if they keep winning.

For example Jon Jones went from MMA nobody to the light heavyweight champion & one of the best guys in the sport in 8 fights over 2.5yrs. That virtually never happens in boxing cuz their is too much politics & bs & coddling & "marinating". Loma is a cat who's shown that can be done in boxing, but he had to fight his promoter to get it done. Its a rarity in boxing, but its standard in the UFC.

And you don't know **** about MMA or boxing Roger.jpg if you think Holly Holm was just "a boxer". Its widely known by combat sports fans her kickboxing career predated her boxing career. Holm has basically been an MMA practitioner (via her kickboxing & boxing careers) without having an MMA fight from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    As I said before, Conor is about to become the biggest star in the combat sports world after that KO.

But he earned it, he dethroned the king.
                    It's too bad Pettis lost to Dos Anjos, if Anthony was still the 155lbs champ he and McGregor would make for a massive event.

With guys like McGregor & Mayweahter, it's about synergy. If you can provide them with an opponent that's not only perceived as a legit threat but who can help promote the event with their own personality it transcends their sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      It gets so under my skin to listen to some respected boxing people go off ignorantly about mma. They sound genuinely threatened by it and it's pathetic. They're separate sports with their own unique rules & styles. Fighting in boxing & mma is about as distinct as throwing a ball in baseball & football.

Watching Dan Rafael, who practically bragged he had no interest in watching this weekends fights, then exploded last night on twitter making fun of how quick the fight was, is probably the most pathetic example of a boxing fan who's threatened. I would love to see people start a petition to have ESPN release him.

If boxing fans don't like mma, don't watch & talk about it. I could careless about football or basketball, I don't feel compelled to talk about them even when they hurt boxing's ratings....
                      It seems to me it's you MMA fans who are insecure. You care so much whether or not boxing fans criticize your sport.

And its a lousy sport to be sure. The options are embarrassingly amateur standup or sweaty half naked men rolling around on top of each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X