No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto-Saul Alvarez: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto-Saul Alvarez: Pre-Fight Report Card

There is some debate about how successful the promotion will be. There is no debate about fan hopes for what it will be in the ring.

This is the fight the most people wanted to see after Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao. They’re going to get it.

Both men looked cut and ready at the weigh-in, achieving the goal of coming at or below the catchweight of 155 lbs. That’s not to be confused with the actual middleweight limit of 160 or that both men say they don’t really care to be middleweights while fighting for the division’s historical crown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Canelo has excellent head defensive movement, very good hand speed, knockout power and puts together some excellent combos. He has two glaring weaknesses - his footwork is awful and his stamina is questionable at times. However, Cotto has also had questionable stamina at times in his career. Cotto will have to box and move, which could give him some success early, but whether he can keep it up for 12 rounds is a different story. I feel Canelo will slowly get to him, possibly bust his face up a little (Cotto has shown to be vulnerable to cuts), and somewhere between 8-11, Canelo will manage to get a TKO win

Comment

See the same

Originally posted by The Conundrum View Post
      Canelo has excellent head defensive movement, very good hand speed, knockout power and puts together some excellent combos. He has two glaring weaknesses - his footwork is awful and his stamina is questionable at times. However, Cotto has also had questionable stamina at times in his career. Cotto will have to box and move, which could give him some success early, but whether he can keep it up for 12 rounds is a different story. I feel Canelo will slowly get to him, possibly bust his face up a little (Cotto has shown to be vulnerable to cuts), and somewhere between 8-11, Canelo will manage to get a TKO win
      Good analysis. See it the same way.

Comment

Canelo has no dam jab cotto will bust up canelo face with that jab and land shots to the body by moving to the side and out of harms way cotton by ud

Comment

I think Canelo is from Juanacatlán, Jalisco not from Juanacatlán, Sinaloa.

Comment

Roach will throw in the towel in the 11th

Comment

Originally posted by 82zcori View Post
              Roach will throw in the towel in the 11th
              I hope not. I need it to go the distance to get this money!

I've never thought Canelo was all that good, and Cotto isn't in his prime anymore. I'm just hoping for a good fight from Cotto. One last time. I'm paranoid about a robbery though.

Comment

Excellent head defensive movement lmao
                Originally posted by The Conundrum View Post

Comment

That's why they fight! We won't know till the bell rings. We will find out how good Canelo is from this fight. Hope it's competitive!
                  Originally posted by ****Margarito View Post
                  I hope not. I need it to go the distance to get this money!

I've never thought Canelo was all that good, and Cotto isn't in his prime anymore. I'm just hoping for a good fight from Cotto. One last time. I'm paranoid about a robbery though.

Comment

Originally posted by sinca View Post
                    I think Canelo is from Juanacatlán, Jalisco not from Juanacatlán, Sinaloa.
                    I was about to say that.

Comment

Working...
                    X