No announcement yet.

Golota Bowe 2 - Unfair stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golota Bowe 2 - Unfair stoppage?

In the first encounter the fight had to be stopped for all the low blows, no question.

But in the 2nd, there was one from Golota early on, then for the rest of the fight there was nothing but a clinic and a thorough massacre from Golota almost exclusively upstairs until the below belt shots with 12 seconds remaining in the 9th and 2nd to last round.

I think that Eddie Cotton should have given Bowe 5 and deducted points from Golota but allowed the last round to play out which would have still left Andrew the fight by a wide margin. In my opinion, sure the low blows were bad but in this particular war I think that Golota showed much better restraint and probably didn't deserve it this time.

Did anybody else feel this way? Pretty tremendous battle that was, very watchable! Check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nha3JQOFjDo

maybe but what I remember most about this fight is just how terrible Bowes slur was at the end of the fight :/

Comment

Finished him!

He might not have had the drive to lay off the burger and always come in shape (although he was in great shape for this fight), but he had the heart and will, not to mention a steel chin, to have withstood that kind of punishment long enough to get the DQ win in the first place.

I think that if Golota had not had such mental problems he could have captured a title atleast once.

I would not have thought Lennox would have blown him out so quickly subsequently given his performances against Bowe.

Certainly the wars with Holyfield and Golota damaged Riddick to the point where he'd probably not be championship material anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X