Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: Once I Beat Charlo, Want Big-Money Fights With GGG, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clenelo without his juice will tire out and get KTFO about 9rd by Hurd!!!

Comment

He takes too many clean shots, He wouldnt go the distance with Canelo or GGG.

Comment

I hope the Charlo fight happens next!! That'll be must see TV imo... I'm glad Hurd is willing to fight the top guys and not babysit the belts he has a great attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
          Whoever holds the WBO ain’t fighting him that’s a fact...
          I will have to agree with you on that I don't see the WBO champ (whoever it is at the time) fighting him either.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            Margarito reached cult status? he doesn't have any win comparable to what Hurd just accomplished vs Lara. I understand the comparison in style but in terms of accomplishment Hurd eclipsed Margarito in one night.
            How in Hell is Lara's win more important than Sergio Martinez in his prime? PLEASE!!! people lets be serious.

Comment

I don't know if Hurd's come forward style will work at 160. But it'll be interesting to see he has to work on his defense he was getting tagged by Lara he was just big enough to take the shots. The size might not help him as much at the next weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                If Hurd can break all those guys - not only Charlo, but also J-Rock, Castano, Brook... Islam, Ali/Liam Smith - he can reach cult status similar to Margarito..

I'd like to see Castano fight... They are the same height according to boxrec(I find it hard to believe), but Hurd has nearly 10 inch reach advantage...
                On the other hand Hurd is much more flat-footed and Castano fights in spots, can be in and out.. Very curious about how it would play out.
                Castano has the same height than Cotto. Around 5'7''. I know him.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                  Hurd is making me a fan of his, more and more!

Took on the toughest challenge in the division in just his second defense of his title while guys like the Charlo fighting kids and getting their card pulled in person by cancer patients when they talked trash on the internet!

What he did to Lara is the biggest win currently unless Wilder beats AJ or Gassiev beats Usyk!

I got Hurd beating Charlo, just saw some of his other fights! He can do more than just come forward, he had to due to him fighting southpaws who both used the ring arnd have speed advantage!

Charlo will box, use the jab and counter when openings are there but I see Hurd mixing it up by using his jab, going to the body, using the ring and then putting on the pressure!
                  You're one of the few people that know that Hurd is primarily a boxer puncher/counter puncher.

He only starting fighting like this when he fought Tony Harrison, followed by Trout, and then Lara.

All three guys have one thing in common, they are extremely skilled and difficult to outbox, and move a lot around the ring.

If Hurd fought someone like GGG for example, or Charlo, we can't say for sure that he'll fight the same way he fought those guys.

Comment

Hurd is in the right track. And if he can keep making weight, he should sweep Charlo and Ali before moving up to full MW. Take on the other Charlo or DJ and solidify his claim to a GGG/Canelo fight.

Comment

Jermell - Hurd, yes please.

Comment

Working...
                      X