Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Dirrell the biggest quiter in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
    Uzcategui lives and trains out of Tijuana just like Luis "Pantera" Nery. It must be the tacos.
    Hahahaha yup must be.

Both guys are beast.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Hahahaha yup must be.

Both guys are beast.
      shit he better watch out for that tainted meat hahaha

Comment

Even Victor Ortiz laughs at how bad his quitjobs are.

Comment

I do admit Dirrell was taking some nasty leather though. Guillermo Rigondeaux on the other hand quit without being hit by one significant punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
            I do admit Dirrell was taking some nasty leather though. Guillermo Rigondeaux on the other hand quit without being hit by one significant punch.
            The Rigo quitjob was truly disgraceful. As a big fan of his I was embarrassed to see it.

Comment

he was getting his ass kicked. that fight should have been stopped.

Comment

Ever since dirrell pulled that stunt vs abraham **** him. Leave boxing for good

Comment

As a cat who's been a fan of Dirrell since he won the Michigan Golden Gloves back in the day I couldn't have been more disappointed in how that all went down. But honestly it wasn't surprising in the least bit. Dirrell has seemed like a cat fighting without heart or love for the game in years. I'm not sure he's been that guy since the Abraham fight. Dirrell likely fights cuz thats all he knows. And he seemed like two different guys from the first fight to this rematch (although Jose did seem to have a better strategy this time around too so who knows how much that played into it if it wasn't the entire reason things looked so different this time).

That said I can't envision how hard it must be as a 34 year old dude who's been putting everything into boxing since before his balls dropped & knows its time to do other sh^t, but what other sh^t can you do really? I think your choices are keep boxing, have a friend hook you up, become a personal trainer or work at some entry position manufacturing job. None seem like they are great long term choices so I understand why guys keep boxing when they aren't into it like they used to be or well past their best years.

Finally I hope Dirrell retires & finds a career outside of boxing he can pursue & do well enough at to take care of himself & his loved ones. Ultimately he's a good dude, but boxing eats good dudes up for breakfast & don't give a f#ck about you once you aren't valuable to boxing anymore.

And thats probably how boxing & all sports should be. Competition breeds out guys who can't compete eventually & eventually everyone can't compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                    Kell Brook gets a lot of **** here for quitting whilst having legitimate injuries... let's see how NSB reacts to Dirrell just quitting simply because he was being totally outclassed by an opponent. My bet is it doesn't get anywhere near the reaction because Dirrell isn't a 'euro bum'.
                    The idiots here will b^tch about "quitters" from the comfort of their couch as they shovel chips & pizza into their hole & hope for the day they can see their dick again cuz of their baby bump looking stomach.

So I wouldn't take those guys THAT seriously first off.

Comment

Working...
                    X