No announcement yet.

CompuBox Final Stats: Miguel Cotto-Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuBox Final Stats: Miguel Cotto-Shane Mosley

The "Mecca of Boxing," New York's Madison Square Garden, was the battleground for one of the most intriguing bouts of the year. WBA world welterweight champion Miguel Cotto (31-0, 25KOs) kept his undefeated record intact by winning a unanimous decision over four-time world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley (44-5, 37KOs). [details]

frustration in boxing

Being a fight fan for over 30 years, one of the most frustrating things in boxing is when the politics of the sport come into effect. On Saturday night we saw a great fight in Mosely and Cotto. The problem is I don't see how the fight could be scored with a majority decision for Cotto. Look inside the numbers and Mosely won the fight with his accuracy in power punches. 53% and he landed 177 of them to Cotto's 150. That's 27 more punches but he loses 7 to 5, and 7 to 4 with one round tied on the 3rd scorecard. Look at Casamayor's decision win and you see the politics of putting together the next fight before the present fight is fairly judged. The best I could see for Cotto is a draw. Hopefully, there will be a rematch!

Comment

Final PunchStat Report

Punches Landed / Thrown

Cotto
      Total punches : 248/675
      Jabs: 98/288
      Power Punches: 150/387

Mosley
      Total Punches: 248/774
      Jabs: 71/439
      Power Punches: 177/335

Comment

cottos jab was obviously a deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by oovavu View Post
          cottos jab was obviously a deciding factor.
          bumped for the poster who said jabs don't count

btw, Mosley won that fight imo...but a draw would've been cool....this fight was a classic imo...Cotto showed off his BOXING ability...he was no longer seen as JUST a bull in my eyes

Comment

Cotto was more effective in their eyes and in the eyes of most simply because He landed the most effective blows. This BS tracking system serves mostly to justify poor desicions and can be used to create controversial doubts. We watched the fight, Cotto outfoxed one of the greatest boxer-punchers in his time. This is Cotto's best win and its just not civil to take it from him men.
            Last edited by Pin Galarga; 08-24-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I actually thought Mosley won this fight. But it was close enough to be a draw but if it had to be a winner I would have picked Mosley. Cotto was the young and up and comer so of course they will give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                Cotto was more effective in their eyes and in the eyes of most simply because He landed the most effective blows. This BS tracking system serves mostly to justify poor desicions and can be used to create controversial doubts. We watched the fight, Cotto outfoxed one of the greatest boxer-punchers in his time. This is Cotto's best win and its just not civil to take it from him men.
                That's, more or less, the way I see it. It was a very close fight that Cotto won by a razor thin margin. I think it is one of the most clear 115-113 matches you will ever find because that score is what most objective judges, press scorers, and fans saw.

Comment

Lol, mosley himself nodded and acknowledged to cotto being the winner when the scores/winner was announced. I scored the fight 115-113...numerous times. That was not a fight that mosley won. Obviously im a cotto fan tho. Inb4 Mosley fans tell me mosley was robbed.

Comment

Mosley landed over 50 percent of his power punches??damn

Comment

Working...
                    X