Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC Vice President: Spence will only face fighters from PBC, Crawford not an option

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he's only fighting bums

Comment

Haymon might overpay his fighters so they shut their mouth and stay with him, but for the boxing fans out there Haymon is the cancer that hopefully will get cured in the next years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        I didnt watch the video but hey that's what every single promoter does anyway. They exhaust all options on their side before trying to reach out to the other side for fights unless they are bound by purse bids or whatever.

I have no issue with Spence fighting Thurman, Porter, D Garcia, Ugas, or anyone else half decent and relevant. The issue I have is Spence fighting stiffs and Has beens. Theres plenty of opposition at PBC but he's looking at 2 years as the champ early in the spring and he hasn't fought ANYONE remotely viable.

IMO that's what PBC has done the worse job at. They get their fighters one big fight then they go backwards and have 2 or 3 meaning less fights and lose all momentum they built with a good win.

Crawford vs Spence is not gonna happen anytime soon, I think anyone with half a brain that follows the sport knows that. I expect maybe in 2021 we get a watered down version of what should have been a mega fight in 2019 with one or the other getting older or losing a step and that would be Spence more than Crawford because Crawford will be fighting nobodies and blown up 140 fighters for the next couple years while Spence has to get through the PBC 147 lbers...
        This.

Comment

The fight is goin to happen. As far as it happenning next of course not.

Spence 2019 is probably Mikey Garcia, Shawn Porter and Keith Thurman. Not to mention Adrien Broner and Manny Pacquaio and Danny Garcia still around.

I can see Haymon sending a mid-level fighter for Bud to fight like Andre Berto or Devon Alexander

Comment

Working...
          X