Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Loma losing his athleticism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yall boxing fans asked for too much from a fighter... a fighter cant have an off night or else they need to retire or is slowing down, etc.

Comment

So the people that said he’s finished based on winning 10 or 11 rounds and scoring two knockdowns with a two division champion also warned his career was finished after his bad injury?

See how little sense that makes?

He was fine Saturday. Wasn’t his greatest performance but a good comeback fight and a dominant performance to maintain p4p status and move closer to being undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
        I didn't really notice his movement slow down maybe in spots with the Pedarza fight he seemed to stay in longer.

But interesting interview a month before last nights fights

Teofimo Lopez said he sees Loma decreasing and says he already sees age is catching up to him.
        No, he is just fighting bigger men with a longer reach that can use the jab to keep him off them. He has to get touched in order to score so it looks like he has lost something when he really hasn't.

Unless he gets the perfect opponent that they can fool the public with, like Manny/ODH @ 147, he may not get the highlight reel wins, which really shouldn't matter.

Comment

Styles make fights. Pedraza tried to outbox Loma and settled for just going 12. When you have 1 fighter content on going the distance, its going to take away the game in the other fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
            yall boxing fans asked for too much from a fighter... a fighter cant have an off night or else they need to retire or is slowing down, etc.
            I dont even think it was an off night. I think Loma looked great outboxing someone content on going 12rds.

Comment

Yeah, Lomo is done, washed up, a has been. Another cr@cker bites the dust. First Kovalev, then Golovkin, now Lomo.

At least we still got Usyk for now

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                This is a top level boxer coming off of a layoff and injury...there are bound to be "slow" performances
                Thank you....Dude obviously didn't throw the right hand till the late rounds. I cant stand how everybody on here make such a big deal out of everything...lika a casual fan.

Wait till his 2nd 3rd fight to start making assumptions.

Just watch how everyone will whine if Keith looks sluggish after his layoff too

Comment

I think we all agreed he got exposed and needs to retire

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    Pedraza fought a good fight honestly. He mimicked a lot of what Loma likes to do, like mirroring his movements. Pedraza did his homework and really showed up.

As for Loma, I still think he looked good. It took a little more patience to get the angles he wanted, but he wasn't befuddled or catching a many shots. His left hand was very precise when he let it go. People are blowing **** out of proportion bc he didn't blow Pedraza out. Loma's defense was good until about the 10th round where he caught a few good shots. It didn't take long for Loma to up his game and check if Pedraza tired himself out in the 10th. It was a good performance, it just didn't end sensational.

This is what I saw. Pedraza was obviously prepared and I'm sure he did his homework. He was emulating many things Loma does well. Styles make fights and both were Boxing very well. It was a high-paced, high-tech, action-packed Boxing match until one gassed out. I don't understand why people are complaining.

Loma just came off of surgery/long layoff/vacation and pretty much stopped Pedraza(in a unification) with a few seconds left in the 11th, (Jose looked to his corner like: "damn, that's all I got.", then saw the time left in the round.). The KD's were a combination of many punches(Pedraza's brain was getting rocked all over the place, that worries me) but the last KD punch that landed was very similar to the one that finished Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      I'm laughing at these guys with you.
                      Lol well add me too....the guy just came off a layoff from shoulder surgery...

Comment

Working...
                      X