Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwyer on Kovalev-Ward - he tells the truth without nationalistic bias!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwyer said some of the realest **** ever around the 33 minute mark I think. He said just because Ward did better in the 2nd half doesn't mean he swept the 2nd half of the fight. Which is so true. People get caught up in that when they're scoring fights. When one fighter is so dominant early on, as Kovalev was, just because he's not as dominant later in the fight doesn't mean that Ward has 'solved him' or is winning those rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      Dwyer said some of the realest **** ever around the 33 minute mark I think. He said just because Ward did better in the 2nd half doesn't mean he swept the 2nd half of the fight. Which is so true. People get caught up in that when they're scoring fights. When one fighter is so dominant early on, as Kovalev was, just because he's not as dominant later in the fight doesn't mean that Ward has 'solved him' or is winning those rounds.
      he spoke the truth, ward fanboys will stick their fingers in their ears and continue to post their cry/salty gifs like they won a personal victory over everyone that claims ward lost...who therefore naturally in their bizarre little minds is automatically a ward hater and therefore a kovalev and ggg fan, it's so sad.

I believe dwyer bet on ward and still called it for what it was, props to him as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Ah, we have Dwyer, the man who thought Anthony Mundine was the only man that could beat Mayweather, and Freedom, the man who scored Mayweather-Guerrero for Guerrero, all in the same post. So much expertise.
        Hahahahahaha

Comment

You're not being honest. I quoted one of your posts at the time. A now that post and all the rest of your posts in that thread are magically missing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=957
          Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I'll quote one of yours you deleted:
          Nice try, but I'm not the only person who quoted that post.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=965

Comment

You're not being honest. I quoted one of your posts at the time. A now that post and all the rest of your posts in that thread are magically missing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=957
            All you've shown is him scoring it for Guerrero after 4 rounds, not the whole fight as you claimed. Btw slow starts weren't uncommon for Mayweather especially when he got old.

Comment

I respect Dwyer's opinion even though I think it is wrong. This comes as no surprise as I've stated in an earlier post, that most boxing experts like: Boxers, former Boxers, trainers and even some movers and shakers in the sport like promoters and managers all had Andre Ward winning the fight.

While on the other hand, most members of the Boxing media, many of whom are biased all had dogs in the race; Especially here in the U.S. Like: Larry Merchant, Jim Lampley, Harold Lederman, Max Kellerman, the staff at HBO's PPV boxing and also, newspaper sports columnists, the printing press, boxing commentators, analysts, bloggers and websites all had Kovalev winning the fight.

So this doesn't in the least bit surprise me that a member of the boxing media, who looks to sway public perception and opinion with his sports book betting, will give an editorial favoring Sergey, whether not his motives are genuine and insincere is questionable.

However, it's all a trend and the irony is most of these so-called boxing media members have not once in their lives laced up a pair of boxing gloves or even sparred in a gym.

Comment

ah damn sorry, i just made a similar thread haha, just leave it there and it will vanish, sorry man

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I respect Dwyer's opinion even though I think it is wrong. This comes as no surprise as I've stated in an earlier post, that most boxing experts like: Boxers, former Boxers, trainers and even some movers and shakers in the sport like promoters and managers all had Andre Ward winning the fight.
                  Name me at least 10 of the many so called unbiased boxing experts, boxers and trainers who had Ward winning this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                    All you've shown is him scoring it for Guerrero after 4 rounds, not the whole fight as you claimed. Btw slow starts weren't uncommon for Mayweather especially when he got old.
                    He deleted whatever other posts he had, which he deleted and lied about for a reason. If you remember that fight, there were like 3 rounds in the second half in which Mayweather took a break in, and pretty much everyone gave them to Guerrero.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-24-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      Name me at least 10 of the many so called unbiased boxing experts, boxers and trainers who had Ward winning this fight.
                      Andy Lee, Mathew Macklin, Sakio Bika, Billy Dib, Tony Bellew, Audley Harrison, Paul Smith Jnr, Jean Pascal, Erislandy Lara, Khalid Yafai, and James Degale

Not including the vast amount of American boxers who though Ward won.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...3#post17216483
                      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-25-2016, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X