Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

******ed. Just ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedBoxing View Post
      It's not that he invented anything, but his style is unique to him. There has never been another fighter like Floyd and people will try to mirror his style but I don't think anyone will be able to do it like him.

I always thought Floyd was an underrated puncher especially early in his career he would put beautiful combos together, go to the body and back upstairs, he just has a lot of tools. Even later in his career you didn't see a lot of guys jumping in on Floyd because they got a taste of his punch early and would be hesitant to take another one.

If you dislike Floyd Mayweather as a person, thats fine, but he showed us something we have never seen before and probably never will again.
      Floyd is not the only great who's style is unique to him. There's dozens of them who have unique styles. Having a unique style is nothing special in amongst the greats. Having an innovating style truly is special. I'm talking like Willie Pep innovating.

Floyd is a mere second tier great. His resume is nothing special and neither is his boxing style, It's just massively effective against the lesser fighters he faced in the average era he competed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
        ******ed. Just ******ed.
        Flo mo. Just an upset Flo mo.

Comment

What's going on with these idiotic Floyd threads. OP/TS you're an absolute idiot.

Comment

Boxing and great boxers have been around for a couple of hundred years or so. It's doubtful anyone could come up with something really new. Floyd just does the good old proven stuff extremely well.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
              What's going on with these idiotic Floyd threads. OP/TS you're an absolute idiot.
              No I'm realist and a historian

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Boxing and great boxers have been around for a couple of hundred years or so. It's doubtful anyone could come up with something really new. Floyd just does the good old proven stuff extremely well.
                Exactly.

Floyd is not a genius

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedBoxing View Post
                  It's not that he invented anything, but his style is unique to him. There has never been another fighter like Floyd and people will try to mirror his style but I don't think anyone will be able to do it like him
                  Uh James Toney. Toney was better at Froids style than Froid. He simply couldn't stay in shape and fought stiffer competition. Froid couldn't be as out of shape as Toney and still win.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                    This so called boxing genius has invented nothing. Not the roll, not the shell, not the pull counter and on and on. These moves were on display way way before Floyd was born.

Floyd's a master of most but creator of none.

Geniuses invent new things. Amazing things.

Enlighten me Flo mo's what are these great things this amazing boxing genius Floyd Mayweather invented?

I fail to see such innovations.
                    Boxing is over 200 years old. What is there to introduce that we haven't seen before, you rube!

You should be banned for this stupid ish!

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
                      Uh James Toney. Toney was better at Froids style than Froid. He simply couldn't stay in shape and fought stiffer competition. Froid couldn't be as out of shape as Toney and still win.
                      How was Toney better? he got hit more, wasnt as accurate and lost to lesser comp

Comment

Working...
                      X