Golden Boy on DAZN cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      The Mexican fighters are so hard to judge in that regard because they have such inflated records. Canelo is 28 with 53 fights. Mungia is only 22 so we look at him as a prospect, but he's also got 31 wins beating the piss out of unranked guys because he's "progressing"

Does Mexico not have an Amateur system?
      Mexico does not give a damn about the amateur system and their guys don’t have time for it, they have to start making a living for their families.

A lot of them learn on the job that’s why you see youngsters with 30+ fights within a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
        Mexico does not give a damn about the amateur system and their guys don’t have time for it, they have to start making a living for their families.

A lot of them learn on the job that’s why you see youngsters with 30+ fights within a couple years.
        explains why you guys pump out so many world champions, but I never really notice you at the Olympics.

Comment

explains why you guys pump out so many world champions, but I never really notice you at the Olympics.
          Yup Exactly

Comment

Yup Exactly
            Is there a system down there to protect against mismatches then? I know in the Am’s you actually only fight guys with your own experience level for a certain amount of fights before you get to “graduate” (it’s why Dillian Whyte gets hated in many circles. Apparently when he switched from kickboxing to boxing he started 100% new and got to just take advantage of guys who had never done anything except train.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Kinda like every DAZN card.
              Compared to PBC @ L M F A O

DAZN is very good for boxing. Couldnt be happier that they are working on a platform to eliminate PPVs

STOKED.

Also DAZN is FOR boxing so hopefully we dont get any Merchants, Ledermans, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Oh yea. I keep forgetting you're in Canada. What else do they offer on DAZN in Canada.
                NFL and a boatload of soccer I don’t watch haha

Comment

If you're a boxing fan and dont know about this, then you're still in transition from a casual.

Its common knowledge among boxing fans.

Mexican fighters have stacked records because like you said, who cares about the amatuers. They look for paychecks as early as 15 years old. Just like Canelo and Chavez, Morales, etc.

Comment

Exactly.

Zero interest in Mexico for amatuers. No money in it.

Go pro. Sink or swim.

Comment

Working...
                    X