Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Must Fight Joshua Next or We Might Miss The Boat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Fury v Wilder Rematch or taking on Joshua
    It is interesting to watch the aftermath of such a good but controversial fight! Its one reason why I really love boxing. One fight can change so much! Even my own opinion has changed on the pecking order of the heavyweights. Seeing Fury come in at #2 in TBRB feels like it undersells him a bit, maybe they can make him #1.5 for something His talent is undeniable. Wilder needs to develop more or KO Fury quickly in a rematch if he wants to be #1.

Another part of me thinks that, despite the great fight, was it that both fighters fought well but that is the pinnacle of their ability? Did Wilder fight the best Fury he could of and vice versa? Not many Americans will understand my analogy but did we watch the Champions League Final play out a classic or did we watch the best of what the Championship Playoff Final has to offer and when they move up, they will get banged i.e. against Joshua?

I really enjoyed the fight and I want a rematch and/or one of them to fight Joshua to see who really is #1 because until one of them does fight Joshua, we 100% will not know who is the best active heavyweight! Everyone can have opinions on who they think but that's all just conjecture. For me Joshua is #1, Fury #2 (or #1.5 ), Wilder #3...then there is a gap to #4/#5 Whyte or Ortiz.

On Eddie Hearn
    It is clear that Hearn was made to look silly but then again, I was 100% adamant that Wilder would knock Fury out so he made a lot of people look silly, including me! At least Hearn did turn around and say he was wrong. So I'll follow suit, I was wrong about Fury.

In my opinion, the talking needs to stop! Hearn needs to just offer 50% to Fury or Wilder, the first to accept gets the April 13th date. Hearn and Joshua will make a packet on the fight regardless so just offer up half and make it happen! It will be proper coup if Hearn makes either of these fights (v Fury or v Wilder) and I will love it!

Comment

• We already had this charade for a year.
      As Nazim R said if AJ/Hearn wanted to do it, they'd have done it already.

Fury said, from start to finish with Wilder, it took 1 week to finalize their deal.

Let's see Wilder-Fury II, then III. Let AJ/Hearn stew.

Comment

• Spoken like a guy looking to make a fight is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Like I said in another post Wilder isn't unpredictable it's a myth to try and pretend he's boxing fundementals aren't amateurish. He's just fast, not chinny and athletic enough to eventually land.

Spzilka managed okay outboxing him for a while and "he aint Fury"

Stiverne made it to twelve "he aint Fury"

Molina rocked Wilder "he aint Fury"

One things for sure these three guys sure aint Joshua.
          No, they're not. They had some success but, ultimately failed, meaning they weren't able to solve the Wilder puzzle. I'm not saying AJ will not do damage vs Wilder if they fight now, Wilder is hitable. What I'm saying is, there's a high probability that AJ will fail and Hearn isn't going take that gamble. Unless AJ forces Hearn to make the fight now, he is going marinate it 'til Wilder declines. But, who knows maybe Hearn is serious about it this time, afraid that Wilder loses the rematch. Also, Wilder fought a more disciplined fight against Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
            All true. Unless the public starts to reject these fights with Shyte, he will keep fighting these guys and make $30mm like clockwork.

It has to be hard on AJ's ego though, knowing your promoter is scared of you losing lol..
            You don't send your fighter in there against Klitschko if you are afraid of losing in your 18th fight. If someone's afraid of their fighter losing its the one telling the world he's not ready for Klitschko which Finkel did with Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              The only person that sells a fight better than Fury, is Conor McGregor! I've got all kinds of casuals at my job, especially Caucasian ones, who are suddenly very interested in Fury! They still don't know who is Anthony Joshua! If Joshua fights Fury, they'll be tuning in because of Fury!
              fury is by far the best at talking up a fight compared to wilder or Joshua. I just think people know his style is usually to go 12 and win a decision. Whereas Joshua vs Wilder has a 90% chance of ending with someone getting ktfo

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                On the Fury v Wilder Rematch or taking on Joshua
                It is interesting to watch the aftermath of such a good but controversial fight! Its one reason why I really love boxing. One fight can change so much! Even my own opinion has changed on the pecking order of the heavyweights. Seeing Fury come in at #2 in TBRB feels like it undersells him a bit, maybe they can make him #1.5 for something His talent is undeniable. Wilder needs to develop more or KO Fury quickly in a rematch if he wants to be #1.

Another part of me thinks that, despite the great fight, was it that both fighters fought well but that is the pinnacle of their ability? Did Wilder fight the best Fury he could of and vice versa? Not many Americans will understand my analogy but did we watch the Champions League Final play out a classic or did we watch the best of what the Championship Playoff Final has to offer and when they move up, they will get banged i.e. against Joshua?

I really enjoyed the fight and I want a rematch and/or one of them to fight Joshua to see who really is #1 because until one of them does fight Joshua, we 100% will not know who is the best active heavyweight! Everyone can have opinions on who they think but that's all just conjecture. For me Joshua is #1, Fury #2 (or #1.5 ), Wilder #3...then there is a gap to #4/#5 Whyte or Ortiz.

On Eddie Hearn
                It is clear that Hearn was made to look silly but then again, I was 100% adamant that Wilder would knock Fury out so he made a lot of people look silly, including me! At least Hearn did turn around and say he was wrong. So I'll follow suit, I was wrong about Fury.

In my opinion, the talking needs to stop! Hearn needs to just offer 50% to Fury or Wilder, the first to accept gets the April 13th date. Hearn and Joshua will make a packet on the fight regardless so just offer up half and make it happen! It will be proper coup if Hearn makes either of these fights (v Fury or v Wilder) and I will love it!
                "In my opinion, the talking needs to stop! Hearn needs to just offer 50% to Fury or Wilder, the first to accept gets the April 13th date."

I like your style! I just don't believe Hearn is willing to offer 50% to either one of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomar View Post
                  No, they're not. They had some success but, ultimately failed, meaning they weren't able to solve the Wilder puzzle. I'm not saying AJ will not do damage vs Wilder if they fight now, Wilder is hitable. What I'm saying is, there's a high probability that AJ will fail and Hearn isn't going take that gamble. Unless AJ forces Hearn to make the fight now, he is going marinate it 'til Wilder declines. But, who knows maybe Hearn is serious about it this time, afraid that Wilder loses the rematch. Also, Wilder fought a more disciplined fight against Fury.
                  Wilder did not fight a more disciplined fight against Fury by his own admission the pressure got to him and the game plan went out the window.

AJ will be the bookies favourite if the two collide but Wilder can win as well, I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                    Well that's not confirmed yet so no point in making that up.
                    Who making up what? Don’t act blind and surprise how Hearn operates it’s the same bull**** over and over with the guy but long as he got gullible people eating it up he will continue to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                      Wilder did not fight a more disciplined fight against Fury by his own admission the pressure got to him and the game plan went out the window.

AJ will be the bookies favourite if the two collide but Wilder can win as well, I'll leave it at that.
                      I meant he didn't resort to the windmill when fury was hurt, that's showing more discipline right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X