Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Referee Reiss Explains Why He Allowed Tyson Fury To Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JULIEN44 View Post
    The real controversy is the first "KD" which was an illegal blow in the back of the head (what Wilder did very often without being sanctionned in a lot of this fight).
    The replay is without comment.
    Fury could have won even in that corrupted PBC show.
    People hardly speak about this, perhaps because Fury won either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      The other poster you quoted and who I was initially responding to said it.
      No, he said:

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Lucky for Fury Tony Weeks wasn't reffing - he'd have had Fury out of there in the 9th
      You then quoted him and said:

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Yeah I highly doubt that. Tyson wasn't really that hurt in the 9th. But if that's what you believe then ok
      You're saying you doubt Weeks would have stopped it because Fury wasn't hurt. I provided a clear example of a guy that got stopped by Weeks when not hurt.

This isn't about Fury, it's about Weeks. He has a track record of improper stoppages.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
        No, he said:

You then quoted him and said:

You're saying you doubt Weeks would have stopped it because Fury wasn't hurt. I provided a clear example of a guy that got stopped by Weeks when not hurt.

This isn't about Fury, it's about Weeks. He has a track record of improper stoppages.
        And I told you Angulo was getting whooped from the opening bell, I remember that fight. He was throwing back but had nothing on his punches and was taking flush shots for 10 rounds. Weeks got tired of watching him get whooped with no way of winning

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Yeah I highly doubt that. Tyson wasn't really that hurt in the 9th. But if that's what you believe then ok
          Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Ref robbed Wilder of a KO victory!

I give Fury credit he has balls and a ton of heart but he should’ve been counted out!

There’s video where the ringside time scorer gets up when Tyson touches the mat and counts, when she was at 6 while Reiss was at 4!

I picked Fury to outbox Wilder which he mostly did but even Jack Reiss admitted that he didn’t fully follow boxing protocol and basically did his own thing!

Reiss needs to be investigated, never seen a ref get down on their knees and yell the count near a fighters ears!

9.5 out of 10 refs would wave it off for the safety of the fighter!

There’s plenty of videos that show there are discrepancies with the count as well!
          Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          And I told you Angulo was getting whooped from the opening bell, I remember that fight. He was throwing back but had nothing on his punches and was taking flush shots for 10 rounds. Weeks got tired of watching him get whooped with no way of winning
          Prior to that stoppage, Angulo had just landed a flush combination. He was still in the fight, still responsive. You don't stop a fight when the fighter is still active. Like Kov/Ward 2 where Weeks stopped it off a low blow. It's wrong.

Comment

• I don't get what everyone is whinging about. I'm a Fury fan but I am happy with the draw. He got knocked down twice away from home. What do people expect?? If that fight had been in England the fight would have probably been stopped in the 12th. Our referees are terrible. They don't even give a fighter a chance to get up half the time. I remember George Groves being stopped on his feet in the first Froch fight. I seem to remember the 2nd fight he was getting up after a heavy knockdown (just like Fury) and got stopped by the referee.

I think Wilder increased his standing after this fight. He's fast, has huge power, great stamina and has a good chin. He will be a problem for anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              10 point must system, best fury could do is 10-9 for wilder with the knockdown.
              Yes indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Prior to that stoppage, Angulo had just landed a flush combination. He was still in the fight, still responsive. You don't stop a fight when the fighter is still active. Like Kov/Ward 2 where Weeks stopped it off a low blow. It's wrong.
                The Ward vs Kovlev stoppage was trash but I had not problem with the Angulo stoppage. As I said Angulo was able to land with nothing on his punches, Canelo didn't regard his punches at all, he was taking shots and then landing some heavy ones back

Comment

• waaaaah the judges waaaaah

no, wait..... that one didn't work already

waaaaah the referee waaaaah

Comment

• Does he even need to explain himself to the pathetic wilder fanboys?

Comment

• This referee should officiate all of Joshua's fighs...

Comment

Working...
                      X