No announcement yet.

Boxing shoes when to wear and when to not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing shoes when to wear and when to not

I recently got a pair of Renegade Pro Boxing shoes from Reebok on black Friday. Frankly, I have never owned a pair before.

When should I wear them during training and what drills or exercises should I take them off?

common sense bro.

Comment

Wear them when you use your feet.

Comment

Good question. I'd ignore the unhelpful responses. It depends on the surfaces you're training on. Boxing shoes (traditional, not the heavily cushioned ones) are great for in-ring work, because the lack of cushioning helps you get better response from your footwork. If your gym has padded flooring under the heavy bag, or in the jump-rope and general training areas, boxing shoes are fine there. But, I find that cross-trainers are easier on the knees and just feel better in general. Doing drills on cement with no padding can grind on the joints.

No matter what you use for your regular training, spend some time doing drills in the ring using your boxing shoes because it feels different than other surfaces and you have to get used to it.

Comment

I just use them for all indoor training, can be annoying having to use them on a treadmill during a circuit or something but its not that bad.

Comment

Hi, usually, sports sneakers do not need to be removed during physical exertion; on the contrary, they are designed to relieve tension from your joints during sports. For example, in tennis, on the contrary, you need to constantly train in shoes, as this removes a huge amount of tension from the knees. Due to the heavy load and constant jumping, the joints begin to grind against each other, which can lead to serious injuries. I order my shoes online at https://www.tennisshoez.com/andy-murray/ since there are models specifically for playing tennis. So if you order boxing shoes, you won't have to take them off in the ring.
            Last edited by lazarwhereas; 06-13-2022, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I like to wear them when out on the town, to impress the chicks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I like to wear them when out on the town, to impress the chicks.
                A few boxers as of late have been wearing normal sneakers. Amanda Serrano wears Nikes.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

A few boxers as of late have been wearing normal sneakers. Amanda Serrano wears Nikes.
                  I saw that and thought it was a reason why she lost.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

I thought that was a dumb move on her part.

Comment

Working...
                    X