Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you made your first 6 figures?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    What I don't understand is the person's need to tell complete strangers.

That puzzles me.

Like they are looking for validation from random people on a boxing forum.

I question whether or not they are telling the truth. This is the BoxingScene lounge. Everything I have ever read on here has been taken with a grain of salt. I remember another thread a long time ago, everyone was claiming to be wealthy. Well sh#t. If we use this site as an accurate sample of the population, only like, maybe 20 of us are making 100k per year.

Comment

Here’s a twist to this question.

How old were you when you finally reached 6 inches? I was 13.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
        I question whether or not they are telling the truth. This is the BoxingScene lounge. Everything I have ever read on here has been taken with a grain of salt. I remember another thread a long time ago, everyone was claiming to be wealthy. Well sh#t. If we use this site as an accurate sample of the population, only like, maybe 20 of us are making 100k per year.
        Of course, people lie on these boards all the time. Not really sure why, maybe it's some sort of weird fantasy of being admired by strangers thing. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
          Of course, people lie on these boards all the time. Not really sure why, maybe it's some sort of weird fantasy of being admired by strangers thing. LOL.
          Believe who you want to believe etc etc, of course theirs alot of liars here but I think thats more to them being trolls than just actual outright LIARS if you get what I am trying to say.

I also think people have a misconstrued viewpoint on how much money people make and how much of those people are out their.

Most people dont know what others make in real life cause its not polite conversation. So what people go off is ASSUMPTIONS and thats doomed viewpoint from the jump cause not everyone lives their lives accordingly to their paychecks, etc etc.

something like 20% of the U.S. population makes over 100K a year. For me here in Phoenix Arizona with a population of 5 Million that means theirs 1 Million people driving around that earn over 100K. But you wouldnt think that cause it just doesn't seem like it and I believe that has to do with 2 main things really, 1) preconceived notions and 2) self doubt/self insecurities/projection.

1) Preconceived notions, those who dont make over 100K a year have some preconceived notions that 100K is rich when in reality IT IS NOT, its middle class, now add on the cost of living and now all you have is a decent house and some newish cars but nothing fancy.

2) Self doubt/self insecurities/projection, people who settled for the cookie cutter life i.e. trade/degree/ where your payscale is on a timetable that you do not control are mostly to are to have self doubt/self insecurities/projection of others in that same age group, same circles of life etc etc because of the limitation they signed themselves up too. Type of people to think like this "if i went to school got this degree and a good job and I wont be making a 100K a year till I am at least 10 years/15 years into this company" will always find it hard to believe others are making more cause thats not the way life works for them and how they see it.

now me personally I take everything everyone says with a grain of salt just cause thats how I lived my life before money, but I dont doubt people are banking out here, I know a few 20 something year olds who a clocking in over a million a year and they talk shit, look just like me etc etc, hell in fact one is a good friend of mines we opened our businesses around the same time he just opened a different niche than mines that has higher markups and in a niche where he can land contracts with companies etc where my business is more straight to consumer only with modest mark up. Fast forward to today he landed alot of high end contracts with companies and now is really banking. But if we both took the path of teh cookie cutter life we probably be making 40K a year and our future earning potential will be in someone elses hand.

Just how I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!.. View Post
            Believe who you want to believe etc etc, of course theirs alot of liars here but I think thats more to them being trolls than just actual outright LIARS if you get what I am trying to say.

I also think people have a misconstrued viewpoint on how much money people make and how much of those people are out their.

Most people dont know what others make in real life cause its not polite conversation. So what people go off is ASSUMPTIONS and thats doomed viewpoint from the jump cause not everyone lives their lives accordingly to their paychecks, etc etc.

something like 20% of the U.S. population makes over 100K a year. For me here in Phoenix Arizona with a population of 5 Million that means theirs 1 Million people driving around that earn over 100K. But you wouldnt think that cause it just doesn't seem like it and I believe that has to do with 2 main things really, 1) preconceived notions and 2) self doubt/self insecurities/projection.

1) Preconceived notions, those who dont make over 100K a year have some preconceived notions that 100K is rich when in reality IT IS NOT, its middle class, now add on the cost of living and now all you have is a decent house and some newish cars but nothing fancy.

2) Self doubt/self insecurities/projection, people who settled for the cookie cutter life i.e. trade/degree/ where your payscale is on a timetable that you do not control are mostly to are to have self doubt/self insecurities/projection of others in that same age group, same circles of life etc etc because of the limitation they signed themselves up too. Type of people to think like this "if i went to school got this degree and a good job and I wont be making a 100K a year till I am at least 10 years/15 years into this company" will always find it hard to believe others are making more cause thats not the way life works for them and how they see it.

now me personally I take everything everyone says with a grain of salt just cause thats how I lived my life before money, but I dont doubt people are banking out here, I know a few 20 something year olds who a clocking in over a million a year and they talk shit, look just like me etc etc, hell in fact one is a good friend of mines we opened our businesses around the same time he just opened a different niche than mines that has higher markups and in a niche where he can land contracts with companies etc where my business is more straight to consumer only with modest mark up. Fast forward to today he landed alot of high end contracts with companies and now is really banking. But if we both took the path of teh cookie cutter life we probably be making 40K a year and our future earning potential will be in someone elses hand.

Just how I look at it.
            My brother is moving to Scottsdale in January for work.
            I had no idea it was so close to Phoenix. He told me I have been there but I was too little to remember.
            He got a nice two bedroom for $1700 a month. Where I live that's almost impossible.

As to the post, not really sure why people broadcast their incomes- whatever they are.

Comment

My brother is moving to Scottsdale in January for work.
              I had no idea it was so close to Phoenix. He told me I have been there but I was too little to remember.
              He got a nice two bedroom for $1700 a month. Where I live that's almost impossible.

As to the post, not really sure why people broadcast their incomes- whatever they are.
              Yeah I love the phx area, I dont ever see myself moving elsewhere. Yeah its pretty decent out here but its starting to get expensive again, back when the house market bubble burst 06-07 man everything was cheap thats when I scooped up alot of property etc and its paying off now. But if you look right outside of the phx area 20-30 minute drive you can still pick up some great property for cheap.

About broadcasting your earnings I usually don't and in real life I never do cause like I said it just not polite conversation but this is a forum and a thread topic that I participated in this time cause i was bored, this topic comes up alot here and most of the time I ignore it caues its always trollish as it was this time but boredom got me here today while watching the dazn card and I partook.

Comment

Not sure about 6 figures but I made my first mil at 14 when I sold my software startup.

My supermodel GF took most of it, after she ;left me cos my 12inches was too much for her.

Comment

55 years young.

Of course, I'm 38 now.

Comment

What I don't understand is the person's need to tell complete strangers.

That puzzles me.

Like they are looking for validation from random people on a boxing forum.

''Entertainment'' value

Comment

When I was young I worked in Italy for the summer and made over 2 million Lira.

Comment

Working...
                      X