Two Fights a Year Isn't Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Why do I need to prove it more?

Garcia has a fight scheduled so he will be fighting 2x this year, same as Canelo and GGG. You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?

I gave no opinion about guys fighting 1 time a year and wont until you answer the question above.
    I asked you to give names of HBO fighters that are more stomach-churning than Haymon fighters. You said Wlad, Cotto, Canelo, GGG. Really? Do you stand by and want to be on record with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      I asked you to give names of HBO fighters that are more stomach-churning than Haymon fighters. You said Wlad, Cotto, Canelo, GGG. Really? Do you stand by and want to be on record with this?
      Answer the question-You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Answer the question-You posted PBC fighters fight less because they are used to fighting easy fights for big money. Is this the reason the HBO guys are not fighting as well?
        If you can't provide names that we can compare them with, then I am right. It's self-explanatory. You can answer your own question yourself.
        Last edited by al-Xander; 10-25-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

If you can't provide names that we can compare them with, then I am right. It's self-explanatory. You can answer your own question yourself.
          i provided names.

If I have to answer myslef My guess is Haymon threatens you for some reason. you know nothing about him except he is black, has BA and MBA from harvard, and once promoted concerts, yet you have posted often that you do not like him. so perhaps you do stuff like this for this reason.

when you posted that about Danny you simply didn't know he had fought the same amount of times as Canelo because you are not really a boxing fan, just a casual fan that only watches boxing when its on HBO. You complained about his level of competition, yet haven't said anything about the low level of comp for HBO's stars.

For some reason you have a vested interest in PBC failing. It's as if you think not having more programming available hurts the sport. The things that do hurt the sport-you only complain about on the network you don't like.

Very weird. Never seen a "boxing fan" behave like this.

Comment

Inactivity not only kills the sport, it also makes fighters lose momentum. When fighters stay active they stay sharp and in good shape like the ts mentioned. The big question is, is this self-imposed considering they make $1+ million per fight against nobodies, thus in no rush to fight? Or the system is so f#ckd up that fighting regularly is simply not possible? It could be a catch 22: overypay fighters fighting nobodies, thus staying inactive after won't hurt. Instead of paying them at reasonable amount to keep the system financially healthy, make more fights, thus make them active and demand more fights... It's a mess.
            It's definitely a mess, whatever the cause. At least Ward, Crawford and Kovalev got in three fights last year.

Comment

• I blame the PPV model.

If less fights were on ppv they would have to fight more to make the sme amount of money

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                I blame the PPV model.

If less fights were on ppv they would have to fight more to make the sme amount of money
                I'm sure that's definitely a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  It's definitely a mess, whatever the cause. At least Ward, Crawford and Kovalev got in three fights last year.
                  Those are not Haymon fighters.

Comment

Those are not Haymon fighters.
                    Oh I know that. Believe me. Haha. They'd be on the once a year circuit.

Comment

Working...
                    X