Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Besides Canelo who could GGG actually fight that are legitimate opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Besides Canelo who could GGG actually fight that are legitimate opponents?

It seems his options are completely limited with the exception of Canelo. I suppose he could fight Ward one day at a catchweight but I doubt that fight is happening now. Let's say GGG fights Canelo in a year & beats him, who else could he fight that could legitimize his resume into being a great fighter?

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
    It seems his options are completely limited with the exception of Canelo. I suppose he could fight Ward one day at a catchweight but I doubt that fight is happening now. Let's say GGG fights Canelo in a year & beats him, who else could he fight that could legitimize his resume into being a great fighter?
    Lara, Gilberto Ramirez, James DeGale, Badou Jack, Billy Joe Sanuders

second tier.....their better than the mandatories but not what i call elite

Ndam, Lee, Jacobs, Qullin, Tureano Johnson, Andre Dirrell would be nice scalps

their are some decent fighters while he waits for a mega fight

Comment

Other middleweights lol what kinda question is this.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        168 : DeGale, Ramirez, Sturm, Groves, Jack, Direll

154: Lara, Andrade, Trout, Charlos

160 : BJS, Jacobs, Alvarez, Cotto, (quite irrealistic), then Lee and Quillin.

There are a lot of good prospects at 160 as most of top amateurs from London 2012 turned pro.

There are the Falcao brothers from Brasil, Silver and Bronze medalist in London at 75 Kg and 81 Kg, both fighting at 160 and ranked by boxrec in the TOP 50.

Ryo Murata, gold medalist in London.

Khytrov who is a world amateur champion.

Both ranked already in the top 20 at 160.

Those guys are all under 15 fights and def not ready for a GGG shot but maybe will be in 2018.

Comment

He is the middleweight champion of the world and he will probably be fighting Eubank next. Eubank is a top 10 contender in the world rankings by everybody. The WBC and the WBA both rank him 2nd in the world. Ring ranks him 6th the IBF ranks him 6th, the WBO ranks him 11th, ESPN ranks him 8th, Boxrec ranks him 4th so why exactly is Eubank not a legitimate title defense for GGG??????? Why do GGG haters set the bar so high for only him and no other champion? Why does GGG has to prove himself to idiot haters by beating all the 168 pound champions when he is a god damn middleweight? He is ranked in the top 3 best pound for pound fighters in the world by all the experts so he has already proven himself to them. It's only haters who insist he must fight the best guys in the division above his division to prove he is any good. Lara made 3 title defenses in a row against totally unranked guys and yet Lara is one of the guys they say he should fight. Why? Lara just barely beat Vanes and he isn't a middleweight. If GGG knocks Lara out the same haters will just say he is picking on a smaller guy.

Comment

Lara is a good win. Eubank is decent. Andrade would impress me. Ramirez, Direll, and DeGale don't overly impress me but if Golovkin moved up and beat them I'd be very impressed. I don't see him beating Jack so that would be even more impressive.

Comment

Saunders,Jacobs thats a year gone . Golovkins past opponents are running through there challengers so maybie a rematch with one of them if Alvarez is still scared or hasnt gotten beat down by a left over

Comment

Saunders and Jacobs would be fine before Canelo but getting them in the ring is a whole other story.

Thats the problem. People can tell him to fight whoever, Zeus, Hades, or Stone Cold Steve Austin. Whatever name they wanna throw at him. Doesnt mean theyll actually fight him.

Comment

At 160 only the only decent fights are jacobs an bjs, but jacobs doesnt want it and bjs will fight canelo before ggg, so mw is wack for ggg, at 154 andrade, lara, cotto, jrock are good fights, at 168 zurdo, degeale and a couple of others are good fights too... notice how the only big name among those options is cotto but that win wont mean too much since canelo already beat him...

Comment

What makes Canelo a legit opponent? He's yet to beat a 160lb fighter. All his top wins at 154lbs were close/disputed decisions.

Eubank is very much the better challenge in relation to Canelo, BJS, and Jacobs. BJS lacks power and stamina, Jacobs lacks a chin.

If Derevyanchenko beats Soliman & Tureano Johnson in impressive fashion becoming the IBF mando, then he'll be considered a top opponent for GGG.

DeGale/Jack winner. Except if Jack wins he says he's moving up to 175, DeGale said he's thinking about it too. Too bad DeGale's been wasted fighting in the US in low profile fights in Boston and DC instead of the UK.

Andrade would be a more interesting challenge than either Canelo or Lara, but he's made it clear he wants to finish 154lbs first and that'll be another couple years. The same could be said of J-Rock should he get by Jermall.

Comment

Working...
                    X