Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do ppl ignore the fact that NSACs keith kizer confirmed margs was clean vs cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not going to take an undefeated Cotto and then decide to put plaser to fight shane mosley after his biggest win...also picture show that margcheto gloves looked cracked after the first cotto fight ....

Only mexican and now ggg fans say that margarito only wanted to cheat against mosley and not the underfeated mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
      He's not going to take an undefeated Cotto and then decide to put plaser to fight shane mosley after his biggest win...also picture show that margcheto gloves looked cracked after the first cotto fight ....

Only mexican and now ggg fans say that margarito only wanted to cheat against mosley and not the underfeated mosley
      im not mexican nor am i a ggg fan,,,

did you even read the article????it says cotto's team and camp members were in the locker room when the wrapping took place,and that they inspected them closely and found nothing out of the ordinary,so are you saying cottos team AND NSAC officials sat there and let margs put plaster in his gloves???

Comment

Kizer is obviously gonna say this so his commission doesn't get any heat. Also, let's not act like Tony was suspended for no reason. Lmao also so you ppl really believe Margarito blazed Cotto fair and square but then needed special wraps for Mosley??? Lol if you're naive to the point that you think he won the biggest fight of his life clean and then decided to start cheating, I feel sorry for u. If u think Tony didn't have any thing wrong on his wraps but as still suspended, I feel even more sorry for u. It's ok though, Cotto went and beat him in the rematch anyway. Wasn't ya all saying he would still make Cotto quit??? Some of ya losers even said he would make quit if they fight again now. Then when he gets stopped again because of his stupid ass eye, ya start crying. And Stax is acting like corners won't help fighters. AB needs to leave his bum ass team and come to Freddie too. If that ever happens and AB starts leaving dudes like he did Demarco, I'm gonna remember this thread and tell Stax to suck a big d1ck when he wants to go crazy over the resurgence of Broner.
        Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 11-21-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          Kizer is obviously gonna say this so his commission doesn't get any heat. Also, let's not act like Tony was suspended for no reason. Lmao also so you ppl really believe Margarito blazed Cotto fair and square but then needed special wraps for Mosley??? Lol if you're naive to the point that you think he won the biggest fight of his life clean and then decided to start cheating, I feel sorry for u. If u think Tony didn't have any thing wrong on his wraps but as still suspended, I feel even more sorry for u.
          he was suspended for whatever occured in the mosley fight,not the cotto fight. i sincerely believe that if he was caught with ACTUAL plaster in his gloves,he would have copped a lifetime ban and would be charged with some type of crime by laws standards,instead he copped a small 1 year ban to which he avoided by fighting elsewhere. it wasnt even serious enough that every organization banned him,only NSAC.
          It's ok though, Cotto went and beat him in the rematch anyway. Wasn't ya all saying he would still make Cotto quit??? Some of ya losers even said he would make quit if they fight again now. Then when he gets stopped again because of his stupid ass eye, ya start crying.
          i dont think anyone was saying margs was gonna win the rematch,in fact almost everyone i knew said cotto was basically just gonna hop around and pot shot that broken eye resulted from the pacuiqoa fight.
          And Stax is acting like corners won't help fighters. AB needs to leave his bum ass team and come to Freddie too. If that ever happens and AB starts leaving dudes like he did Demarco, I'm gonna remember this thread and tell Stax to suck a big d1ck when he wants to go crazy over the resurgence of Broner. Right now he's looking Cotto after the Trout loss.
          i welcome that,and its not that i dont believe trainers can make change,i just dont believe they are miracle workers like some poeple think they are.sometimes a change in trainer is used for motivational purposes,and i think this may be the case for cotto. but roache is no miracle worker

but i do acknowledge that margs was indeed suspended for 1-year in nevada,so its obvious he did something wrong in the mosley fight. but from what dougie says,its likely a contamination of some sort because it doesnt appear actual plaster was used

Comment

Antonio Margarito and Trainer Javier Capetillo's Licenses Revoked
            By Gabriel Montoya
            Maxboxing.com
            February 10, 2009

Despite having no test results to determine exactly how or if the knuckle pads confiscated by the California State Athletic Commission deputies prior to Antonio Margarito's welterweight title fight with Shane Mosley last month were tampered with or not, Margarito and long-time trainer Javier Capetillo's boxing licenses were revoked today in a five hour hearing before the state commission. The decisions were voted in separately by 7-0 unanimous votes. Citing that "the Justice Department does not view [testing the wraps] as a high priority as they are seriously backlogged with murder and assault cases," and that the final test results would not be ready until "mid-march, California's Supervising Deputy Attorney General Karen Chappelle initially asked that a lifetime ban be considered before being told that only a suspension of indeterminate time or a license revocation were the only allowed penalties.

The distinction between a suspension and a revocation is that suspensions generally have a time limit and then are lifted when said limit if fulfilled. With a revocation, the parties must re-apply in a year's time but a reinstatement is not guaranteed. As one commission member stated, "a revocation can last much longer than a year."

What initially took place on the night of January 24, 2008 was supposed to be routine. As is standard, before a bout, a deputy is assigned to each fighter. This deputy's job is to be with that fighter and observe them from the time they enter the arena to the time he or she is handed over to the doctors following the bout. They are in the dressing room and are charged with observing all preparations including the hand wrapping process. In Margarito's case, his deputy was Che Guevara, a veteran of some "150 fights." Prior to having his hands wrapped, Guevara informed Mosley's head trainer Nazim Richardson that the process was about to begin and Richardson, as per the rules, came into the Margarito dressing room to observe Javier Capetillo prepare Margarito's hands. From the get go, Richardson objected to Capetillo's use of tape directly on Margarito's hands. Guevara informed Richardson that this was allowed per the CSAC's rules. However, where Capetillo was placing the tape on the wrist was a subject of debate. Following two attempts (the second of which was discarded because Capetillo had used too much tape and was "crisscrossing the tape" which is again, against the rules of the CSAC), Capetillo finally met Richardson's and the inspector's standards. Thus, the right hand of Margarito was wrapped though not inspected and initialized, as is custom. Mr. Guevara stated that he prefers both hands be wrapped before he finishes signing off on them.

Capetillo then began to work on the left hand. When it was time, he grabbed the knuckle pad (a wrapped piece of gauze bandage made into a pad to protect a fighters' knuckles) and began to put it in place on Margarito's hand. At this time, Richardson asked to inspect the pad with his own two hands. Richardson, according to Guevara, felt an irregularity and the inspector then felt the pad for himself. Inside, chief athletic inspector Dean Lohuis found a hidden layer of tightly wrapped gauze that looked according to Guevara, "old and used. Tightly wrapped."

"It was not hard as rock," he said. "But firmer than regular gauze. There was old, dried blood on it. It was not consistent with new gauze." It also felt "wet."

Only Inspector Mike Bray described the pad as having a "white substance on it. I touched the substance and it was hard to the touch. It looked like plast caster or maybe a thicker type of white out that you use for paper. I then placed the pad in a box to maintain custody of the pad."

Under the unified of the Association of Boxing Commissions, which are used for all bouts and are consistent with most commission's rules regarding hand wrapping, no water or foreign substance may be applied to the wraps.

At this point, Richardson asked that the right hand wrap be removed. Capetillo, already "agitated" (a description used by the testifying inspectors Mike Bray, Che Guevara, as well as David Perada) by Richardson dictating to him about how to wrap his fighters' hands, protested. At this point, according to the testimony of the inspectors, Margarito raised his right hand and offered his right hand to be inspected. According to the deputies, Margarito said in broken English, "Look at my hand. Feel it. There is nothing in it." Margarito, in his testimony, would refute that citing he does not speak English though he acknowledged he did hold up his hand for inspection and offer it willingly.

Dean Lohuis, Mike Bray, and Richardson conferred about removing the right hand wrap for inspection. Lohuis asked Guevara as well as inspector David Perada, who was also present if the hand had been signed off on. When it was determined it had not been properly inspected, the wrap was removed and thrown on a table behind Capetillo. A second, similar hidden knucklepad was then discovered. It was also placed in the box and was given

The box of pads, its contents estimated by the inspectors to have been touched by at 7-10 people at this point, was then taken to Mosley's dressing room. It was then handled by Mosley's lawyer, Richardson again, and another unnamed party. Mosley's lawyer and Richardson then photographed the pads. The box, which was open on one side, was taped shut and signed by Dean Lohuis at the request of Mosley's attorney. The box was then given to Lohuis. It was then passed on to Bruce Rasmussen whose job that evening was to hold all the fighters' urine samples in a sealed bag. He was given the box for safekeeping. Upon receiving the box, he returned to the commission officials room where he allowed the "8-10" deputies present to inspect the pad, at least 3 of whom "reached in and did a pinch-type thing with the pads inside the box." Though, Mr. Rasmussen expressed regret that he allowed such crucial evidence to be handled in this way. It was an act he did not inform Lohuis of when he put the box back in Lohuis possession to go "attend to my urine duties."

When allowed to testify with the use of an interpreter, Capetillo was contrite, taking full responsibility for what he repeatedly referred to as "a mistake." He repeatedly claimed that He explained that his training bag is used by many of his fighters in the gym. That they will throw in dirty, wet clothing, used gloves, and used hand wraps. He described the hand wraps that he used as "wraps of another, young fighter." They are used in the gym for protection when "hitting the bag". Capetillo claimed that in the "confusion and chaos" of the argument over the taping of Margarito's hands, he became flustered and "innocently grabbed the wrong things. I put the wrong things on."

Capetillo, who was not allowed to inspect the pads the night of the fight, claimed that when he was allowed to see the evidence the night before the hearing, realized at that moment what had happened.

"It came from the gym," he explained. "They threw it in my bag at the gym. When I went to see what I was accused of, that's when I realized."

Capetillo did acknowledge that the hardened pads would do more damage had they not been found by the commission.

"You pay for your mistakes," he said. "That's why I'm here. I'm human. I make mistakes just like you do. That's why I'm here."

"I'm here," he continued, "I'm made a big mistake. I want to right the mistake. I take full responsibility. I did not cheat. It was a mistake. I feel badly for Antonio because he didn't even know what was going on. Why am I going to hurt him? I'm the one who made a mistake."

Margarito denied any knowledge or wrongdoing. I don't feel I cheated," he said, " I feel bad. I have never been in a situation like this."

He cited he has always paid attention to how his hands are wrapped and claimed that Capetillo has been his sole hand wrapper diriong their 11 year career together. During the hearing, he saw the pads for the first time.

"It just looks old. I don't believe it is anything," he said.

But upon touching the pads he acknowledged, "It does feel like something."

Ultimately the commission ruled against Capetillo. Commsiion member Christopher Giza, M.D. who entered the motions against both men, cited in regards to Capetillo "I can understand making a mistake [with one hand], but how do you make the same mistake twice?"

In regards to Margarito, Giva cited CSAC rule 390, which states that a boxer can be suspended or revoked for any conduct damaging to the sport of boxing. "What can be worse?" he asked.

"Ultimately," he said, "the athlete is responsible for his team, his equipment, and what he puts in his body. You and [Capetillo] worked together for 11 years. You traveled the world together, Capetillo says he has wrapped your hands the same way every time. What other conclusion can we make?"

The bold is the testimony that got Margarito's license revoked.
            The underline is where one inspector described the pads as plaster, would be consistent with old gauze, that was wet then dried with the bleached-fibers falling apart.

People need to ask - why did this never go to an actual court trial?
            -Answer - because it would've been thrown out for lack of evidence!
            Last edited by Eastcoast; 11-21-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              The bold is the testimony that got Margarito's license revoked.
              The underline is where one inspector described the pads as plaster, would be consistent with old gauze, that was wet then dried with the bleached-fibers falling apart.

People need to ask - why did this never go to an actual court trial?
              -Answer - because it would've been thrown out for lack of evidence!
              interesting.......

Comment

- The bottom line is that since he got caught, all his previos fights come into question. And a strong argument can be made since his power was non existent after the Mosely fight.

Comment

Because he almost got away with it again in the Mosley fight. I was a big Margarito fan.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                    he was suspended for whatever occured in the mosley fight,not the cotto fight. i sincerely believe that if he was caught with ACTUAL plaster in his gloves,he would have copped a lifetime ban and would be charged with some type of crime by laws standards,instead he copped a small 1 year ban to which he avoided by fighting elsewhere. it wasnt even serious enough that every organization banned him,only NSAC.

i dont think anyone was saying margs was gonna win the rematch,in fact almost everyone i knew said cotto was basically just gonna hop around and pot shot that broken eye resulted from the pacuiqoa fight.

i welcome that,and its not that i dont believe trainers can make change,i just dont believe they are miracle workers like some poeple think they are.sometimes a change in trainer is used for motivational purposes,and i think this may be the case for cotto. but roache is no miracle worker

but i do acknowledge that margs was indeed suspended for 1-year in nevada,so its obvious he did something wrong in the mosley fight. but from what dougie says,its likely a contamination of some sort because it doesnt appear actual plaster was used
                    "Small 1 yr ban". Yeah, for what?? Illegal wraps bro. Stop trying to play dumb. Come one now.... I'm not copping out to **** if I'm innocent.

Comment

People just love to hate Margarito.

They said he had a brick, Not True. They say he had plaster, Not true, then they say they found SOME ingredients required to make plaster (not the full list of ingredients needed to make plaster, just some mind you just some i.e. talcum powder baby powder) and the amount they found were minuscule less than a pinch. Keith Kizer vouches that Margarito was clean, the District Attorney refused to press charges against Margarito because their was no evidence he tried to cheat.

Plaster of paris lmfao how dumb could people be lol that stuff crumbles would be the last thing a fighter would use to cheat, in fact when dempsey was under suscipion they actually did a test with real loaded gloves to see how they work and they test found out that after the first punch the plaster would crumble sto pieces and be a mess. Now if Margarito had plaster of paris he would have made a mess all over the ring and couldent walk around with his wraps out in the open shaking everybody hands lol
                      source:
                      http://coxscorner.tripod.com/dempsey_gloves.html

Comment

Working...
                      X