Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why isn't their any more Italian American Boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
    Italians came to this country with nothing and busted there asses working hard to feed the family. Everything was about family. We didn't whine we didn't complain about the English who held us back, we didn't go on welfare, we didn't take handouts, WE JUST WORKED HARD SAVED OUR MONEY AND BECAME AMERICAN. And we became American's at Ellis Island LEGALLY. WE PAID TAXES TOO. Italians then were tough as nails because life was so damn tough it made us tough.

This is where the Marciano and Graziano's evolved from. My father came from that mold and passed that on to me. I could never match him because of the the era pre and post WW2 that made him doesn't exist today. We are a stubborn passionate loving hard working people. Unfortunately we've blended into mainstream so much that not many of us exist anymore. All all that's left as poor examples are those spoiled Jersey Shore people. Not a true representation of real Italians. In addition Italians from Italy have the lowest reproduction rate and no longer move to America. During the greatest time in America, Italians ruled in all departments from boxing, to baseball, to music to movies etc. Now it's done. The country is being overuled by the new Immigrant that isn't into America and uses the system. And that's too bad for all the legit new Americans who still keep this country great.
    No, we are to busy extorting and racketeering

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
      they aren't poor anymore
      Italy economy is doing pretty bad

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
        What happen to the next Jakes Lamotta's or Rocky Marciano's?
        Your threads are lousy and you have 6 threads on the board at the same time. Don't be so damn greedy and clog up the board with your stupid threads The better posters don't get a chance because your threads take up the whole board. Marciano and LaMotta were great fighters but not because they were Italian. Were they pure Italian? I seriously doubt it. No European nationality has a lock on good boxers. Good boxers are where you find them. Marciano was one of a kind. There will never be another boxer like him. He could easily have fought at 175 but he was good enough to rule the heavyweights. There will probably never again be a 5 foot ten inch, 184 pound heavyweight champion with a 68 inch reach, endless stamina, great power in both hands and an iron jaw.

Comment

"Too busy and extorting and racketeering"

I couldn't stop laughing when I read "Let me Pimp or die".

Nice.

Comment

Is everyone forgetting about Joe Mesi?

(you don't have to answer that)

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Your threads are lousy and you have 6 threads on the board at the same time. Don't be so damn greedy and clog up the board with your stupid threads The better posters don't get a chance because your threads take up the whole board. Marciano and LaMotta were great fighters but not because they were Italian. Were they pure Italian? I seriously doubt it. No European nationality has a lock on good boxers. Good boxers are where you find them. Marciano was one of a kind. There will never be another boxer like him. He could easily have fought at 175 but he was good enough to rule the heavyweights. There will probably never again be a 5 foot ten inch, 184 pound heavyweight champion with a 68 inch reach, endless stamina, great power in both hands and an iron jaw.
              Good response, However us Italians had a lock. Here's the list

Marciano
              Graziano
              LaMotta
              Zale
              Basillio
              Joey Maxim
              Willie Pep

There were more but these paesane's ruled. Name any other European decent other than the Irish that produced more all time greats during the era of the 40's and 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Italy economy is doing pretty bad
                Italian-Americans not Italians in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  Italian-Americans not Italians in Italy.

Comment

They now become alpha skiers and rock climbers like New England.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                      Good response, However us Italians had a lock. Here's the list

Marciano
                      Graziano
                      LaMotta
                      Zale
                      Basillio
                      Joey Maxim
                      Willie Pep

There were more but these paesane's ruled. Name any other European decent other than the Irish that produced more all time greats during the era of the 40's and 50's.
                      Tony Zale was a pollack.

Comment

Working...
                      X